PDA

View Full Version : Debug logs for freezing et8000

thejoker
09-10-16, 21:39
This box has been freezing completely for the last 10 months, been so lazy haven't got round to sorting it as its just a second box. In that time I have refreshed fresh openvix images, I'm on the latest build again...I have also changed hard drives.

I am running the very basic of specs, autoboquets, mgcamd 1.38 and blue skin. Thats it, same plugins as on my other technomate.

I am always having to power off and back on to get things going again...

Debug logs attached.

Bought from WOS but having requested a return it seems like a hard symptom to prove there is a fault and can see return ending badly for me. Had one return before with the store and box was indeed faulty and yet still had to pay costs to return box...so hopefully we can get this fixed.

Larry-G
10-10-16, 06:12
Fault or no it's always your responsibility to pay return shipping costs, that's just how it goes.

DaMacFunkin
10-10-16, 07:57
I'm not having a go at wos for this but i have never agreed with that, if the item is faulty and needs to be fixed or replaced the supplier should refund shipping costs.
I once had to pay £25 for the return of an a/v amp because of a fault and the supplier would not refund costs, even though they insisted on a certain level of return delivery and insurance.
In this day and age most decent size mail order company's have carriage deals at competitive rates and the cost of the company's preferred partner picking up a parcel and returning it would be negligible to refund if it was proven to be faulty.

DaMacFunkin
10-10-16, 08:17
This box has been freezing completely for the last 10 months, been so lazy haven't got round to sorting it as its just a second box. In that time I have refreshed fresh openvix images, I'm on the latest build again...I have also changed hard drives.

I am running the very basic of specs, autoboquets, mgcamd 1.38 and blue skin. Thats it, same plugins as on my other technomate.

I am always having to power off and back on to get things going again...

Debug logs attached.

Bought from WOS but having requested a return it seems like a hard symptom to prove there is a fault and can see return ending badly for me. Had one return before with the store and box was indeed faulty and yet still had to pay costs to return box...so hopefully we can get this fixed.

Have you tried with just a standard skin?
I'm not sure which skin that is you are using.
Also your log seems to state you have 2 hard drives mounted (sda & sdb), which isn't a basic setup.
I see a lot of flicking about between kids channels, now i'm not saying your box shouldn't withstand this but it is obvious this is in a childs room, i'm no expert but it seems that the box is entering timeshift then not being able to find the start code on the stream which is slowing the box down, before all manner of buttons are pressed locking it up.
Are you sure timeshift is set to the correct mount?
Maybe you should consider disabling timeshift, also do a fresh flash and delete all mounts, attach one drive and re-initialise it and set the mount up as sda.

thejoker
10-10-16, 21:20
Ok you could be right on the hard drive, Ive had that before when it has set two mounts and even two partitions. I will remove hard drive and reformat.

I cannot agree with the skin though, its a blue sky skin I've used many a time so it cant be the skin. If the box cant handle the skin then theres a problem with the box...

Yes it is used generally for my wife and kids, not sure how its had so may changes as box was only reflashed yesterday.

thejoker
11-12-16, 11:23
No you were not correct regarding the hard drive, the second mount you seen was the usb stick i inserted for the usb debug logs. This box is still messing about, locking up completely in the middle of viewing requiring a power off/on. Sometimes the box just freezes completely but audio continues to work but picture is frozen, no remote control function thus requiring a reboot.

The box is still in warranty but I'm skeptical about the return, WOS has such poor customer service I've a feeling ill just get the box back the same as it was.