PDA

View Full Version : Tuner problem on build 4.2.005?

satnut2
09-10-16, 17:20
Following on from this thread (closed so couldn't post )

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53060-Recording-issue/page2

I have the same recording issue , channels go unwatchable and blocky as if I have poor signal

I have checked my tuner config and I have strong signal strength

I have 4 DVB-S2 tuners , 2 tuners on 28.2e sky dish , 1 tuner on a motorized system

I'm running build 4.2.005 , there was talk on the other thread that build 4.1.16 the problem is not there , I haven't tried this build as yet

Will there be a driver update ?

Anyone else running build 4.2.005 with same issues ?

twol
09-10-16, 18:22
I am on a later build without any issues, but ran on your build also without any issues ... 3 dvb-s2 tuners on 19.2E and 28.2E.
The thread you refer to is referencing cable tuners .... so not same issue.
So you ned to the explain your config better and per haps post a picture of the tuner setup ...eg whats the motorised system accessing and the 4th tuner?

Also what image were you on before? Or is this the first image you have run?

satnut2
09-10-16, 19:15
Tuner A Single 28.e Astra (sky dish)
Tuner B Single 28.e Astra (sky dish)
Tuner C USALS ( Motorised dish multiple satellites )
Tuner D - Not configured

I have not used a previous build , box came pre-flashed with latest vix image / build

Only noticed the problem when recording and watching another channel , not all channels affected

signal strength is 75% + on all tuners

I've noticed the problem randomly since I've had the box about a week ago , picture goes blocky on some channels when channel hopping

For the people who experienced this problem , was it intermittent or every time you recorded something and watching other channels?

twol
09-10-16, 19:29
Tuner A Single 28.e Astra (sky dish)
Tuner B Single 28.e Astra (sky dish)
Tuner C USALS ( Motorised dish multiple satellites )
Tuner D - Not configured

I have not used a previous build , box came pre-flashed with latest vix image / build

Only noticed the problem when recording and watching another channel , not all channels affected

signal strength is 75% + on all tuners

I've noticed the problem randomly since I've had the box about a week ago , picture goes blocky on some channels when channel hopping

For the people who experienced this problem , was it intermittent or every time you recorded something and watching other channels?o
This is not a repeat issue .... the others were cable:)
Whats on the motorised dish? I think its possibly causing the issue:) or possibly a softcam issue?
Disable C and see if you get the issue.

1554leslie
09-10-16, 20:26
I run the same setup on my box but 3 tuners on 28e and and tuner 4 on USALS motorized dish and dont have any issues,Im using openvix 4.1.016,Have a full backup with iptv player and a few other things included if you want it

satnut2
09-10-16, 20:45
Thanks for the feedback , I'll try 4.1.016 tomorrow and will feedback

satnut2
09-10-16, 21:05
o
This is not a repeat issue .... the others were cable:)
Whats on the motorised dish? I think its possibly causing the issue:) or possibly a softcam issue?
Disable C and see if you get the issue.

Not using any softcams , I'll also try and disable tuner C , Ive got all satellites tuned on the motorised

cactikid
10-10-16, 00:28
is 75+ not low as my boxes are usually 90+ on 28.2:confused:

satnut2
11-10-16, 18:09

Well , Ive narrowed the problem to tuner c which is my motorized dish

If I'm recording on tuner A or B which is my Sky dish all is ok

If I'm recording on tuner A and B and want to watch a program not on the same transponder tuner C comes into play which is my motorized dish

I then get blocky pictures on some channels , the signal strength on my 1.2m dish seems ok ?

Can anyone shed any light on why I may be having issues ?

I haven't gone back to an earlier build as yet , will do it over the weekend

Apologies for blurry pics

twol
11-10-16, 18:42

I then get blocky pictures on some channels , the signal strength on my 1.2m dish seems ok ?

Can anyone shed any light on why I may be having issues ?

I haven't gone back to an earlier build as yet , will do it over the weekend

Apologies for blurry pics
Well, already pointed out the cable issue is driver but not same as dvb-s2
Post 9 indicates you probably need to do some serious work on your alignment (75% is a cut off point on my dish, but I live in a marginal area hence the 1.5m dish) .... you should be able to receive better with a coat hanger if you are in the UK:)

I would set the prefered tuner to A (default), prefered tuner for recordings to B and see what happens with your motorised dish, but if you think reverting to an earlier version will fix it then do that:)

satnut2
11-10-16, 18:57
twol , thanks for your input ! , Ive taken another look at my signal strength and motorised dish tuner C seems much better tonight ?, weird

Point taken about cable tuner !

Will change the preferred tuner as suggested and see how I get on

twol
11-10-16, 19:19
twol , thanks for your input ! , Ive taken another look at my signal strength and motorised dish tuner C seems much better tonight ?, weird

Point taken about cable tuner !

Will change the preferred tuner as suggested and see how I get on

if your dish is not aligned properly then you will see changes depending on the Summer heat vs Winter/weather/solar streams/magnetic pole strength (we on the margins can never work out why), so you need to get 28.2E SNR higher

satnut2
11-10-16, 20:22
I'll have a tinker with the alignment to see if I can improve the SNR , thanks again for your comments , priority of tuners has been done , currently monitoring

DaMacFunkin
11-10-16, 20:47
How good or how old is the lnb on your motorised?
You can get away with cheap Sky lnb on sky dish but you need a decent lnb on your motor.

satnut2
12-10-16, 17:00
How good or how old is the lnb on your motorised?
You can get away with cheap Sky lnb on sky dish but you need a decent lnb on your motor.

The lnb is approx 3 years old , dish professionally installed , no issues with receiving channels from i.e 7e - 7w

twol
12-10-16, 17:37
The lnb is approx 3 years old , dish professionally installed , no issues with receiving channels from i.e 7e - 7w

Would be interested to know if you can tune the signal to improve the SNR, but ........ I guess it is also possible that you are getting too good a signal on 28.2E and swamping the tuner, depends on LNB and cable run.
Would explain why the others are OK (7E etc)
The only way round would be to stick an attentuator on the cable and play, but obviously this is fine on a fixed dish but would mess up your other sats on a motorised.

Life can be real fun with sat dishes :) I started with a 1 metre dish on the roof and now look what I have stuck up on the garage roof :) bolted down and with heavy concrete slabs as extra weight :)

satnut2
13-10-16, 21:27
Would be interested to know if you can tune the signal to improve the SNR, but ........ I guess it is also possible that you are getting too good a signal on 28.2E and swamping the tuner, depends on LNB and cable run.
Would explain why the others are OK (7E etc)
The only way round would be to stick an attentuator on the cable and play, but obviously this is fine on a fixed dish but would mess up your other sats on a motorised.

Life can be real fun with sat dishes :) I started with a 1 metre dish on the roof and now look what I have stuck up on the garage roof :) bolted down and with heavy concrete slabs as extra weight :)

Your Gibertini must be a beast ! my 1.2m looks big enough !

Interestingly I get better signal on 28.e on my Technomate box than the Xtrend , all down to the tuner sensitivity I suppose

Not had any further issues so far , currently monitoring

twol
13-10-16, 21:44
Your Gibertini must be a beast ! my 1.2m looks big enough !

Interestingly I get better signal on 28.e on my Technomate box than the Xtrend , all down to the tuner sensitivity I suppose

Not had any further issues so far , currently monitoring

You cannot compare snr figures between different receivers unfortunately ... its useful as a tuning guide but not much else
I went 1 metre 1.25 1.5 and each time it looked huge, but after a week quickly got used to it:)

satnut2
17-10-16, 16:36
Well today I ran in a 3rd feed from my fixed Sky dish and I'm still having issues with blocky picture when recording

Tuner A - Fixed 28.2E AGC = 81% SNR 62%

Tuner B - Fixed 28.2E AGC = 75% SNR 62%

Tuner C - Fixed 28.2E AGC = 91% SNR 62%

Tuner D - Motorised 1.2m set to 28.2E AGC = 80% SNR 52% ( Looped through from Technomate 5402 HD M3 )

With tuner D disabled , If I try and record with every tuner available as many programs as possible , all starts recording fine , the more channels I record on the same transponder I reach breaking point then selected channels break up which where previously Ok when not recording

I then manually delete each active recording 1 by 1 and the problem does not resolve itself until all recordings stop. Picture then goes back to normal

With Tuner D enabled I get the same issue , its as if all is well but if I try and add to many recordings the picture just starts going blocky

When I scroll through channels I can see on the onscreen program subtitles which tuner is providing the picture i.e A B C D , I'm getting blocky picture on selected channels across all tuner combinations. Its as if certain transponders are giving blocky picture.

I bought this quad tuner box so I can record across 4 tuners without issues , and so far I have been unsuccessful

I have tried changing the priorities of tuners for recording and normal viewing , still cant pin point the issue

I know my SNR values are on the low side , however I had no issues with picture on my Solo2 or recording on the twin tuner with the fixed dish feeds

Also I know you cant compare SNR values between receivers but I have very strong SNR 98% + on my Technomate Receiver on 28.2e

Can anyone recommend a Satellite meter I can use to try and Improve my SNR on my fixed dish ?

If I had alignment issues wouldn't I have blocky pictures when not recording ? Picture is rock solid across all tuners when not recording

The more I think about the problem I'm thinking there must be a bug somewhere

Can any other Xtrend users who have 4 DVS-S2 tuners confirm if they have had issues ?

Any other suggestions guys ? Do you think my SNR are the problem ?

I may take a video of the problem to highlight the issue

ccs
17-10-16, 17:18
How many recordings in total do you have running when the problems start showing?
There is a limit on any box, a "breaking point" or "too many recordings" to use your phrases.

twol
17-10-16, 18:46
There are various apps on Android and Iphone that can connect to the receiver and display the current snr (some do both dB and %) .. then you can play to your hearts content watching the snr figure and adjusting the dish - but remember small (!) changes (I usually finger tap the dish up or down) plus of course the lnb skew (important for me, but shouldn,t be for you in the UK)
The snr figure is relative, so can be used for tuning a receiver.

As we head towards Late evening, my figures always drop for the fta services, but even so at the moment my lounge ET8500 is at Snr 79% 9.6dB for BBC2HD and this is a REALLY difficult signal for me.

I currently have 3 dvb-s2 tuners on my "office" box and never had any issues.
, but have to say your snr figures are really strange.

satnut2
17-10-16, 21:44
How many recordings in total do you have running when the problems start showing?
There is a limit on any box, a "breaking point" or "too many recordings" to use your phrases.

At the moment , I get issues with 1 or 2 recordings , Ive taken some vids of the problem tonight

Currently uploading , will post asap

twol
17-10-16, 22:12
So is the technomate fed from a different dish or how do you have them configured?
Also some receivers don,,t show a valid snr figure,,but have no idea if technomate falls into that category

DaMacFunkin
18-10-16, 07:35
A Long Long time ago i swapped from a sly quad lnb to a Technomate Octo Gold Low Noise LNB, i fitted it to the dish, connected to it was 2 freesat TV's a solo2 a new duo2 and a Technomate Nano.
If i was recording on the solo2 and duo2 and changing channels on the solo2/duo2 i would get lots of glitches and some times pixelation on the resulting recording.
A deeper investigation, showed that turning on the freesat TV's and changing channels caused glitching on all the other connected devices except for the Technomate receiver, it never skipped a beat, never glitched, tried it on different connections incase the other feeds had shorts and it was perfect, all the others glitched and pixelated when tuning or recording on another.
I replaced the LNB with a Zinwell (sly) octo lnb and everything was fine.

Joe_90
18-10-16, 11:51
For SKY dishes the SKY (Zinwell) LNBs work better as they are designed for the oval shape and focus pattern of the dish. "Normal" LNBs expect a conventional offset dish with a more circular focus.

satnut2
18-10-16, 18:40
So is the technomate fed from a different dish or how do you have them configured?
Also some receivers don,,t show a valid snr figure,,but have no idea if technomate falls into that category

Yes the Technomate is fed from the motorised dish , no issues whatsoever

If I disconnect the motorised dish from the Xtrend I still get the problem using 3 feeds from the Sky dish , I get the problem with 2 feeds from the Sky dish

To summarize

1 - Purchased brand new Xtrend Quad tuner 2 weeks ago and have had recording issues since day 1
2 - Xtrend unit replaced a Solo2 Which was a twin tuner unit and worked flawlessly for 2 years + , the only reason I went with Xtrend was for more tuners
3 - All Satellite dishes have not changed , I have unplugged the Solo and plugged in the Xtrend and had issues
4 - If I had dish alignment issues , why does the blocky picture stop as soon as I stop recording ?
5 - Please see video links below of the problem , can you please let me know if the videos dont play , any comments appreciated
6 - Reluctant to start changing LNB's etc yet , my set up has worked fine prior to the Xtrend arriving , my tuner signals dont look that bad?

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Xtrend2016/media/Xrend%202_zps6xtkhk3p.mp4.html
http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Xtrend2016/media/Xtrend%203_zpsf62bydzg.mp4.html

Thanks for all you responses so far guys , surely there is a bug somewhere ? or do you think I have a duff receiver ?

Should I raise an official support ticket ?

twol
18-10-16, 19:03
1. your snr figures are poor and living in the UK , this should not happen.... until you sort this its difficult to say you have an issue:)
I know you are reluctant to do any dish re-alignment, but really you should try this.
2. set up the Xtrend with the 3 tuners and the 4th direct from the motor with the technomate looped thru from the Xtrend.... see what happens:)

satnut2
18-10-16, 19:12
1. your snr figures are poor and living in the UK , this should not happen.... until you sort this its difficult to say you have an issue:)
I know you are reluctant to do any dish re-alignment, but really you should try this.
2. set up the Xtrend with the 3 tuners and the 4th direct from the motor with the technomate looped thru from the Xtrend.... see what happens:)

Ok , I'll look at the SNR next , If the low SNR are the root cause of the problem I dont understand why this causes issues with recordings ? wouldnt I get blocky pictures anyway without recording ?

Whats the minimum SNR values should I be getting ? are yours 90?+

Sicilian
18-10-16, 20:31
I would do the following to test each tuner individually.

USE THE SAME COAX FEED FOR ALL TESTS.

Test with your fixed dish on Astra 28.2. Again I state the the exact same feed for all tests below.

1) Set each tuner to Simple > Single > Astra 28.2 > No. See attached screenshot.
2) Run a Manual Single Satellite Scan on each tuner (see attached scan settings screenshot). Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > First select 'Tuner A' at top and set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite' > Press OK and run the scan. Scan should find approx 930 ish services.
3) Run the above scan on ALL four tuners, EACH time using the same Coax feed. All tuner scans should find more or less the same amount of services.
4) If all scans run ok on each tuner, test recording on each tuner.
5) Start with Tuner A, connect the same feed to Tuner A. Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
6) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
7) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner A to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner B.
8) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
9) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
10) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner B ALSO to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner C.
11) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
12) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
13) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner C ALSO to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner D.
14) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
15) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
16) Finally check all four recordings.

Post back results. The above should give a clue if there's an issue with one of the tuner modules.

satnut2
18-10-16, 20:45

Test with your fixed dish on Astra 28.2. Again I state the the exact same feed for all tests below.

1) Set each tuner to Simple > Single > Astra 28.2 > No. See attached screenshot.
2) Run a Manual Single Satellite Scan on each tuner (see attached scan settings screenshot). Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > First select 'Tuner A' at top and set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite' > Press OK and run the scan. Scan should find 930 ish services.
3) Run the above scan on ALL four tuners, EACH time using the same Coax feed. All tuner scans should find more or less the same amount of services.
5) Start with Tuner A, connect the same feed to Tuner A. Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
6) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being access at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
7) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner A to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner B.
8) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
9) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being access at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
10) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner B ALSO to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner C.
11) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
12) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being access at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
13) Once the recording is complete. Set Tuner C ALSO to not configured and move the coax feed to Tuner D.
14) Zap to BBC One HD, press Record button > Select Add recording (enter recording duration), default is 5 and just press OK.
15) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being access at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.

Post back results. The above should give a clue if there's an issue with one of the tuner modules.

Thanks for the info , will carry out test and will report back asap

satnut2
19-10-16, 21:03

2) Run a Manual Single Satellite Scan on each tuner (see attached scan settings screenshot). Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > First select 'Tuner A' at top and set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite' > Press OK and run the scan. Scan should find approx 930 ish services.
6) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
9) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
12) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.
15) Zap to BBC Two while the recording is happening, that will be two services being accessed at the same time on the same transponder. Allow the recording to complete.

Hi Sicilian carried out your suggested tests tonight

All 4 tuners pulled in 970 channels

Carried out recording tests with no issues , all recordings are ok

All feeds plugged back in from Sky dish - Tuners A B C

Currently recording 2 programs , 1 on BBC 2HD the other on Channel 4 , if I select my 5 to watch the channel goes blocky , if I stop recording immediately the picture comes back perfect

Have you any more suggestions what I can try next ?

Sicilian
19-10-16, 21:17
Post tuner settings for each tuner please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satnut2
20-10-16, 16:42
Tuner A
Tuner B
Tuner C

Set to Simple , single 28.2E ,no

Tuner D not configured for now , this usually connected to my motorised dish

Small update , flashed back to build 4.1.015 and cannot get my box to fail , all recordings are fine during the limited time ive tested it since around midnight last night

This must be a build issue ? cant understand why I'm on my own with this one ?

Should I work my way back through the builds to find out when this became an issue ?

So build 4.2 005 and 4.2 009 I have the recording issue , build 4.1.015 the problem appears resolved , currently monitoring

ccs
20-10-16, 16:49
... drivers may have changed after 4.1.016

openvix: developer 4.1.017.001
[xtrend] et7x00 and et8500 update drivers optimise ci
[openvix] fix bootlogo.sh
odin2 fix typo Display name
openvix: release 4.1.016
g300 update drivers 1) Diseqc LNB detection in first install wizard sometimes does not complete. 2) Manual single satellite scan takes a while to get started. 3) Autobouquetsmaker constant fails. This is widely used to get latest channel list data for different providers. This constant fails for Sky UK. 4) CCCam PAT TIMOUT problem after 10 minutes of watching.
[eopenplugins] submodule update
Merge branch '3.4' of github.com:oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core into 3.4
Update submodule e2openplugins
[skins] dont install to sysroot to stop issue then parts include in team e2
openvix: developer 4.1.016.001
[openbh] add driver to be preinstalled
[usb driver meta] fix bb, if teams want drivers preinstalled please use correct bitbake (oe-alliance-drivers.bb), add some "RDEPENDS_${PN}_openbh = xxxxxx"
[zgemma] update all drivers fix volume
add display skin support bwlcd96
[B]openvix: release 4.1.015

satnut2
20-10-16, 21:11
... drivers may have changed after 4.1.016

openvix: developer 4.1.017.001
[xtrend] et7x00 and et8500 update drivers optimise ci
[openvix] fix bootlogo.sh
odin2 fix typo Display name
openvix: release 4.1.016
g300 update drivers 1) Diseqc LNB detection in first install wizard sometimes does not complete. 2) Manual single satellite scan takes a while to get started. 3) Autobouquetsmaker constant fails. This is widely used to get latest channel list data for different providers. This constant fails for Sky UK. 4) CCCam PAT TIMOUT problem after 10 minutes of watching.
Merge branch '3.4' of github.com:oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core into 3.4
Update submodule e2openplugins
[skins] dont install to sysroot to stop issue then parts include in team e2
openvix: developer 4.1.016.001
[openbh] add driver to be preinstalled
[usb driver meta] fix bb, if teams want drivers preinstalled please use correct bitbake (oe-alliance-drivers.bb), add some "RDEPENDS_${PN}_openbh = xxxxxx"
[zgemma] update all drivers fix volume
add display skin support bwlcd96
[B]openvix: release 4.1.015

Thanks for the info

Well I cant get it to fail running 4.1.015

Who creates the build updates on the forum for Xtrend ? , is it possible to get the latest build but with the 4.1.015 drivers to test ?

Worried going forward all future updates will have drivers I'll have problems with recordings, meaning I'll have to stick with an ancient build

Sicilian
21-10-16, 05:29
Thank you for the info I'll check this out and report to Xtrend. You could FTP drivers from your current image to latest, will be fine. I'll test your combination of recordings.

satnut2
21-10-16, 20:32
Thank you for the info I'll check this out and report to Xtrend. You could FTP drivers from your current image to latest, will be fine. I'll test your combination of recordings.

Thanks for your help Sicilian , flashed back to 4.2.009 tonight , issues with recordings again

Flashed back to 4.1.015 no issues , Ive now also connected my motorised dish to tuner d without issue

Tuner config

Tuner A,B,C simple , single 28.2e
Tuner D Simple , positioner with my longitude and lattitude entered ok

No problems so far , currently monitoring

How to I ftp specific drivers to the latest image ? where do I find them ?

Thanks

satnut2
25-10-16, 20:21
can anyone advise how I can ftp drivers guys ?

thanks

stevie1965
27-10-16, 16:06
You aren't on your own, there are a number of Xtrend 8500 users on another forum including myself that have been seeing this and feeding it back. However the users I have come across so far have experienced it with twin cable tuners not satellite feeds. The end result appears to be the same though, pixelated channel experienced whlst recording another.
For us it has only appeared since the 4.2.xxx releases of Vix, I rolled back my installed to 4.1.016 and it doesn't occur.

stevie1965
27-10-16, 16:08
You aren't on your own Satnut2, there are a number of Xtrend 8500 users on another forum including myself that have been seeing this and feeding it back. However the users I have come across so far have experienced it with twin cable tuners not satellite feeds. The end result appears to be the same though, pixelated channel experienced whilst recording another.
For us it has only appeared since the 4.2.xxx releases of Vix, I rolled back my installed to 4.1.016 and it doesn't occur.

satnut2
27-10-16, 16:17
Thanks for the feedback Steve , I'm currently running on 4.1.015 and its ok , worried regarding future updates with this receiver if this is not resolved

Which other forum is this being discussed on ?

stevie1965
27-10-16, 16:20
Thanks for the feedback Steve , I'm currently running on 4.1.015 and its ok , worried regarding future updates with this receiver if this is not resolved

Which other forum is this being discussed on ?

I'll PM you the link as I don't think we're allowed to mention other forums

hz14
20-11-16, 18:40
I have Xtrend 8500 and twin DVB-S2 signal is 79% and have similar problem as not being able to record and watch 2 high bandwidths HD channels like (itv hd + ch4 hd). However, I can record and watch (itv hd + bbc1 hd). Seems weird but I think BBC HD are lower bandwidth so they run fine. It seems to me that these issues are very much related to signal strength and hence channels bandwidths that can be allowed within, very much like broadband sharing.

hz14
05-12-16, 19:53
This is an update to the problem of not being able to record multiple HD channels on DVB-S2 tuners of the Xtrend ET-8500. This turned out to be drivers related issue and was resolved in the latest images released in December 2016. You may be able to update your existing installation and resolve the issue. If not, you will need to reinstall a new image.