PDA

View Full Version : Plugin Feeds

asim
09-10-16, 16:40
I have recently updated my Xp1000max to 4.2.006 without realising this box is not supported anymore and the feed have been disabled.
is there any way to download the network/samba plugin.

Larry-G
10-10-16, 09:48
No as the feeds where they were housed has now been deleted. You could get them from another image.

asim
10-10-16, 13:02
I have a solo2 but not sure which files to copy over or if it an ipk where its located

DaMacFunkin
10-10-16, 13:51
Why are Vix still building images for boxes they no longer support?

Larry-G
10-10-16, 14:00

There not but that does not mean people can't still use the old images is they work for their needs.

Andy_Hazza
10-10-16, 14:02

They aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
10-10-16, 14:45
Well that's quite pedantic as they where built to 4.2 006 which is a very recent build, why host the file on openvix.co... if you can't then access plugin feeds to set them up, surely the images need pulling as well.
P.s. I would say not being able to add NFS or samba support would render the images useless for most users...

Sicilian
10-10-16, 15:16
Well that's quite pedantic as they where built to 4.2 006 which is a very recent build, why host the file on openvix.co... if you can't then access plugin feeds to set them up, surely the images need pulling as well.
P.s. I would say not being able to add NFS or samba support would render the images useless for most users...

Sorry, but we're not opening up the feeds for abuse again by Zgemma clones. Images are there if users want to use them without feeds.

I spent a lot of time and money messing with the plugin feeds server, not going though it again.

asim
10-10-16, 15:32
Doesnt need to be on the feeds.
Just need a way to install samba server. Any idea where i can get the ipk.
I have a solo2 with samba installed and acces to feeds. Can it be copied over from solo2

asim
17-10-16, 20:59
So nobody has any idea how to install samba server without feeds.
any guesses?
GITHUB?

Rob van der Does
18-10-16, 04:35
If a box with feeds is available, one can download an ipk on that box. In telnet give the command

opkg download <plugin name>
The ipk will be downloaded to /home/root

If you're not sure about the exact <plugin name> you can look at what's installed via the telnet command

opkg list-installed

Be aware that not all packages downloaded this way can be used on an other box type; sometime they (or parts of it) are hardware specific.

asim
18-10-16, 05:22
Thanks rob
I have a solo2
Its seems like for the samba server there are quite a feww packages.
I have identified and downloaded the following
packagegroup-base-smbfs
packagegroup-base-smbfs-server
samba-base
The first two seem to be vusolo2 specific and wont install on xp1000max
Stuck again