PDA

View Full Version : Openvix Crash

grantdavey91
09-10-16, 11:06
Hi, all

my box just crashed ; my epg was running an auto-update (cross epg - set to 11am daily) and it just crashed whilst trying to load data

i've uploaded the log; could anybody shed any light to what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance

twol
09-10-16, 12:09
For a starter, ftp into the receiver and delete epg.dat wherever it may be stored on your system (flash, hdd, usb) and restart the receiver

grantdavey91
09-10-16, 12:45
For a starter, ftp into the receiver and delete epg.dat wherever it may be stored on your system (flash, hdd, usb) and restart the receiver

i have my cross epg set to /media/usb/crossepg but there is no epg.dat in there; for some reason the epg.dat is in /media/hdd but was last modified 29/08/16 - should the .dat file be in /media/usb/crossepg where i have set it?

twol
09-10-16, 13:14
Whatever delete it!! Then when it is set up again it should go to where you have set it!

grantdavey91
09-10-16, 17:29
thank you; i deleted the epg.dat file in /media/hdd and this stopped the box crashing; i went into cross epg and defragmented the database, then updated the providers and then download now which completed without any errors; although now the epg.dat file has not been re-created by the plugin; should i be worried? thanks

twol
09-10-16, 18:07
Its there somewhere!

dsayers
09-10-16, 18:22
The epg.dat gets created when shutting down if you restart gui and ftp the location it's supposed to save to you should see it

DaMacFunkin
09-10-16, 18:26
As dsayers says, the EPG.dat is only written to disk when the box shuts down or restarts, and then it is loaded back into flash... unless you have the EPG data set to automatically save every so many hours, this isn't recommended though, it is the main cause of gaps.

grantdavey91
09-10-16, 19:17
ahh thanks guys, it's now in /media/usb

whilst we are on the subject could i ask is it normal for the epg to go blank if the box is restarted? either by reboot or restart gui ; as every time i do this the epg is patchy and only seems to show the FTA epg and the current channel epg; it won't load the full epg again until i download again or zap to each individual channel

I think it may be something to do with me using rytec and opentv ; i use sat and cable so i have enabled opentv provider for the sat and rytec virmin xml for the cable epg as opentv doesn't display epg for cable channels

my settings for EPG are :

cross epg setup

preffered lamedb - main lamedb (there is option for lamedb5?)
enable csv import - no
scheduled download - once a day
schedule download at - 11:00
show as plugin - yes
show as extension - yes

epg settings

EPG location - /media/usb
EPG filename - epg
automatic refresh - yes
refresh every (in hours) - 4
automatic save - yes
save every (in hours) - 24
show eit now/next in infobar - yes
enable eit epg - yes
enable mhw epg - no
enable freesat epg - yes
enable viasat epg - yes
enable netmed epg - yes
enable virgin epg - yes
maintain old epg data for - 0
include eit in http streams - yes
include ait in http streams - yes

thanks in advance

gibbletts
09-10-16, 19:20
Why don't you just set a record timer to one of the showcase channels and it will update your cable epg and a lot more accurate than rytec

grantdavey91
09-10-16, 19:28
Why don't you just set a record timer to one of the showcase channels and it will update your cable epg and a lot more accurate than rytec

could you please explain more on how i do this? i may be misunderstanding but how would recording a certain channel make the epg fully populate?

thanks

birdman
10-10-16, 02:19
whilst we are on the subject could i ask is it normal for the epg to go blank if the box is restarted? either by reboot or restart gui ;If the code that saves epg.dat reckons the cache was corrupt when it did so then it will delete the file.
This happens more often than it should (I only have terrestrial TV so the EPG is only ever updated from the EIT- I can't see any reason why the cache should end up corrupt, but it does).
I have some debug info on this, but currently can see no reason for it happening - not any case that could cause it (so I clearly haven't looked in the correct places yet...).

grantdavey91
10-10-16, 18:41
wow that's quite strange how it does that; i just set a record timer to bbc one on cable, then set up cross epg to just download from one source on opentv providers and it populated both cable and satellite; very clever i didn't know that

i guess now i'll have to set a daily timer to record something random for a few mins on cable so it downloads my epg fully when it auto-updates

abu baniaz
10-10-16, 18:46
wow that's quite strange how it does that; i just set a record timer to bbc one on cable, then set up cross epg to just download from one source on opentv providers and it populated both cable and satellite; very clever i didn't know that

i guess now i'll have to set a daily timer to record something random for a few mins on cable so it downloads my epg fully when it auto-updates

You are drawing conclusions.

CrossEPG downloader cannot download DVB-C EPG data from the signal wire. It can only do so from the internet.

While you were tuned to the DVB-C channels for the recording, it absorbed the DVB-C EPG data. You are better off using EPG refresh plugin to automate the zapping and a fake recording for 2 minutes. It only does the zapping, the data acquisition is done by the EPG reader/option.

Ashley69
10-10-16, 18:48
The plugin epg refresh will do this for you on a daily basis for cable.

grantdavey91
10-10-16, 19:48
ok thanks, i had epgrefresh before but wasn't sure how to set it up; i had it and ran through the settings but what settings do i need it on?

abu baniaz
10-10-16, 19:50
select the channel you want to zap to > VM preview will do
How long for > 120 seconds
What type of Zap > Background zap ( fake recording)

grantdavey91
10-10-16, 20:00
select the channel you want to zap to > VM preview will do
How long for > 120 seconds
What type of Zap > Background zap ( fake recording)

thanks abu; i've just downloaded from the feeds and i've set it up to the following :

i couldn't see an option to set it to a certain channel or 'what type of zap'

Ashley69
10-10-16, 20:41
When in settings press blue button.(edit services) Blue button again. (new) select Virgin media preview. save.
The fake recording is the Zap.

grantdavey91
10-10-16, 20:44
When in settings press blue button.(edit services) Blue button again. (new) select Virgin media preview. save.
The fake recording is the Zap.

ahh! thanks so much Ashley69; I think it's all set up properly now; appreciate the help :)