PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] mgcamd and webif broken on 4.2

chrcoluk
09-10-16, 05:25
Since I updated to the latest 4.2 build (previously on 3.2), mgcamd is not working properly with webif.

Basically I can only view a channel in the webif stream if the channel is also playing on the box. If I either put the box in steandby or change it to a different channel it stops playing, channels that do not need mgcamd work fine.

I did some testing to see if its related to tuners, and it appears not to be e.g. both tuners work at the same time if I am recording another channel, or if I manually turn a tuner off to forcefully use another it also works fine, the issue seems specifically with webif trying to stream a channel that needs mgcamd whilst that channel is not been played on the box directly.

Distro: openvix
Firmware version: 4.2.006

DaMacFunkin
09-10-16, 08:29
Have you got zap before stream set in webif? Try toggling it.

chrcoluk
09-10-16, 08:55
Have you got zap before stream set in webif? Try toggling it.

The settings were exactly the same as before (aside from new settings added in 4.2).

Toggling it only works if the box is not in standby.

I flashed back 3.2 now and restored my image backup, back to working perfect, but sadly you guys killed the package system on it so its a lose-lose situation.

If the bug is found and fixed or the dev wants me to test something I will upgrade again to try.

abu baniaz
09-10-16, 09:01
Were you able to record two channels simultaneously on 4.2?

Upload your mg_cfg as an attachment please

chrcoluk
09-10-16, 09:06
yes,

bear in mind since no config is supplied with the package I used whatever I was able to find but this config worked fine for the last year or so.

Andy_Hazza
09-10-16, 09:14
Vu+ Solo2 on latest image & using Mgcamd 1.38 working fine here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrcoluk
09-10-16, 09:18
on webif whilst the box is in standby?

chrcoluk
20-10-16, 21:13
any news on this? as i want to use the latest version so I can download more skins.

abu baniaz
20-10-16, 21:19
There have been regular changes to openwebif lately. Working fine for me though.

chrcoluk
20-10-16, 21:26
since it doesnt look like a fix is forthcoming is there a way to get skins from the feed onto 3.2?

I am thinking of installing 4.2 again, download the skins, then look for the location on the ftp where they stored, back them up manually, and then after flashing back 3.2 copy them back in place.

Would something like that work?

Sadly I cannot use 4.2 with this bug as this is a showstopper bug for me, I use webif more than the TV directly as I often watch TV whilst working on my pc in VLC player.

Andy_Hazza
20-10-16, 21:28
since it doesnt look like a fix is forthcoming is there a way to get skins from the feed onto 3.2?

I am thinking of installing 4.2 again, download the skins, then look for the location on the ftp where they stored, back them up manually, and then after flashing back 3.2 copy them back in place.

Would something like that work?

Sadly I cannot use 4.2 with this bug as this is a showstopper bug for me, I use webif more than the TV directly as I often watch TV whilst working on my pc in VLC player.

You can ftp n grab the skin folders n transfer them over yeah, but for example the new iSkin wouldn't work on 3.2. What skin are you thinking of using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrcoluk
20-10-16, 21:31
I dont know yet, I just felt like a change. After I read about your post that some skins are not native 1080p I want to change as I Was using the blue 720p skin on a 1080p tv which has formatting issues. (I had to resize text on EPG etc. to get it to work right).

abu baniaz
20-10-16, 21:51
regarding your thread details:

You said:
What is the ViX Build Version that you are using? = is missing on page
What ViX Image build number are you using? = 4.2

That is incorrect. You posted the details in the thread

Correct answers are
What is the ViX Build Version that you are using? = 4.2
What ViX Image build number are you using? = 006

Perhaps you can consider trying build 009? As as far as we are concerned, there is no issue with the items you mentioned. If there is an issue, we have not encountered it.

chrcoluk
21-10-16, 22:05
4.2 isnt a name ;)

it says "ENTER THIS NAME"

Hence I said its missing.

Monday is probably the earliest I can try that newer build, but given you said you cannot find the problem, then I dont know what makes you think 009 would work but I will try it anyway. I expect the issue is related to the OE alliance changes.