PDA

View Full Version : Edision OS MINI+ Plus 1x DVB-S2/T2/C H.265 HEVC

William-1
07-10-16, 18:08
Edision OS MINI+ Plus 1x DVB-S2/T2/C H.265 HEVC Linux Enigma 2 Digital Receiver HD 1080p PVR

Amazing spec. Opensoucre Receiver, perfect for use with FreeView HD in the UK or Saorview in Ireland!

Supports Blindscan, 7 Days EPG, CrossEPG, AutobouquetsMaker, 1080 Skins + Many 3rd Party Plugins.

How good is the Blind Scan ? will it find feeds on 10 east 12.5 west ect ??

Huevos
07-10-16, 18:30
Got one here but connected to unicable at the minute so can't test blindscan.

I'll try it on a motor later.

tomcroxley
11-10-16, 17:17
Got one here but connected to unicable at the minute so can't test blindscan.

I'll try it on a motor later.

I am considering buying one of these (Edision OS MINI+ Plus 1x DVB-S2/T2/C H.265 HEVC Linux Enigma 2 Digital Receiver HD 1080p PVR).
I will be using it on satellite.

What is your opinion regarding this receiver?

Andy_Hazza
11-10-16, 17:26
A good budget receiver, but let down by lack of internal hdd imo. If the internal hdd isn't an issue for you then a good budget receiver nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomcroxley
11-10-16, 17:30
I don't need internal hard drive. Will the USB read NTFS USB flash drive?

Andy_Hazza
11-10-16, 18:58
You need to format the flash drive to Ext4 for best results. You can initialise the flash drive via ViX menu.

tomcroxley
11-10-16, 19:13
You need to format the flash drive to Ext4 for best results. You can initialise the flash drive via ViX menu.

If I format to Ext4 I will not be read it on PC running Windows 8. I need to save video files on USB Flash drive so I can watch it on Edision digi box.
Will it read NTFS drive?

tomuser
11-10-16, 19:32
If you only need to get some files from it then you can use little program called Linux Reader in Windows

http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

tomcroxley
11-10-16, 19:43
If you only need to get some files from it then you can use little program called Linux Reader in Windows

http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

I need to read and write.

jadmix
27-10-16, 17:18
I just got one of them edision boxes and it has been set up by someone it has all the sky channels but I want to be able to get itv 1,2,3,4 etc is there a way for me to add those channels manually?, I really have no idea how to use the box and am afraid to experiment in case i lose what i already have, thanks, sorry for the newbie question

Andy_Hazza
27-10-16, 17:42
I just got one of them edision boxes and it has been set up by someone it has all the sky channels but I want to be able to get itv 1,2,3,4 etc is there a way for me to add those channels manually?, I really have no idea how to use the box and am afraid to experiment in case i lose what i already have, thanks, sorry for the newbie question

Why hijack this thread. Start your own thread with as much info as possibe, I.e. What image, Setup etc.

jadmix
27-10-16, 18:36
WOW ok, I did not realise I was HIJACKING the thread, forgive my ignorance and thanks for the over friendly advice. It's always nice to feel welcome.

john doe
28-10-16, 10:29
WOW ok, I did not realise I was HIJACKING the thread, forgive my ignorance and thanks for the over friendly advice. It's always nice to feel welcome.

starting your own thread is much easier to get the right support you require, as your issues will or may be different from other person/s and easier to support..

Sicilian
28-10-16, 14:44
I just got one of them edision boxes and it has been set up by someone it has all the sky channels

I think you need to go away and re-read the rules.

danlou
29-10-16, 10:41
A good budget receiver, but let down by lack of internal hdd imo. If the internal hdd isn't an issue for you then a good budget receiver nonetheless.

Don't let that put you off :)
I set them up for friends and family and insert a 128gb usb stick which is so small and hardly visible. Moreover, the storage amount after picons, epg etc still leave over 100+ hours of SD recording. Add the fact that it has built-in wifi is another bonus.
To anyone considering purchasing one don't be put off by budget label, it does the same thing as other more expensive boxes at a snip of the price. ;)