PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 3T Nano, lose off picture / unsupported format

Russ C
07-10-16, 14:19
Hi I had a problem today, where I was experimenting with my boxes RF output to see whether I could use a magic eye from a remote TV, So I set up a small length of coax and plugged one end into the RF output and then plugged the other end into a magic eye to see if it provided power to LED.

Which the answer is no, so I started to go into my settings to see if there was the option to switch it on as with sky boxes. but then realized, I had lost picture, so I disconnected the coax, and restarted the box, but still had no picture, after a lot of messing about including trying to just use the coax direct from the box to my tv and retuning, thinking it may have some how inside the box switched from HDMI to RF output still nothing. any way to cut a long story short heres the solution to get it back on if any one has similar problems:

You will have to use your remote control and watch the LCD display on your box to enter the menu settings.

1. Press Menu
2. scroll down to setup, press enter
3. it should now say system, press enter again.
4. it should now say A/V settings, press enter again
5. press down twice, it should say your picture resolution i.e 1080p, scroll through this to find which one you should be using as per your tv then press green to save. this worked for me hopefully it may help someone else.

If anyone could advise me what the best way to beable to watch from my box to a second TV is i would be greatful, the plan was to use the HDMI for my front room TV and then the RF output via coax to my bedroom TV and then use a magic eye, but clearly it does not like having a coax installed in the RF output, maybe it doesn't create an issue if a magic eye is not on the end of it, I still need to experiment further.

abu baniaz
07-10-16, 14:45
That is a loop-out connection. There is no modulator on most receiver nowadays, so you will not get a picture out of that connection. It just duplicates the RF signal coming into the receiver. You can can get separate modulators if the picture quality is acceptable for you.

If you have a Samsung TV, you can use Pembo's application.
If you have a Kodi device, you can connect to your receiver.
There are HDMI extenders too.