PDA

View Full Version : Any Mechanics on this forum???

dfox
07-10-16, 07:35
As stated above, anyone a mechanic on this forum or dabbles a little but with car DIY.

Before I explain the issue :-) thought I'd try and there's a lot of knowledgeable people on here.

Cheers

Ford1
07-10-16, 07:44
whats the issue? gonna need age, make and model. im out till 6pm but if I can help I will

dfox
07-10-16, 07:57
2009 Peugeot 207 1.4 HDI, The engine keeps cutting out displaying the below warning signs:

Anti-pollution system faulty & Oil Pressure Low, Now I am assuming the Anti-pollution will have something to do with the EGR Valve being clogged up with carbon?? I will post the DTC codes later as I cannot remember them off the top of my head. I have tried to clear them once but they returned as the problem still persists.

In relation to the oil pressure low warning, I am going to replace the oil pressure switch and oil filter (ensuring the oil filter has its O ring fitted) this weekend. But anything else this could be?

Thanks for your help.

TK4|2|1
07-10-16, 16:26
I had a fiesta 1.4 Tdci, basically the same engine, mine kept cutting out do to it sucking in air in the fuel line. You have a fuel primer thingy on the left of the air box, check it for holes. Also injector seals fail causing loss of power and cutting out.

Ford1
07-10-16, 18:45
Ive had a lot of these engines with some serious and not so serious faults. they have been fit to many different vehicles over the last 10 years or so.

Problems include,
Faulty heater plugs, not easy to replace.
Egr faults, this has a electronic actuator and it is not easy to clean/manually operate.
Injector seals, the copper washer that sits at the base of the injector, this can lead to contamination of the oil and further problems for the oil pump/injector removal/egr valve gunge up etc etc
Fuel rail temp/pressure sensor, this can be very easy or a complete pig to replace.

without some codes and its impossible to start to diagnose faults, however, be careful. A code is only a starting point and not a guaranteed fault. ive had many vehicles come in our shop that have been elsewhere and had lambda sensors and cats, or airflow meters when the problem Is actually just worn/improperly gapped spark plugs (I know yours is diesel that's just an example)

Some codes and more info on service history / when fault occurs most / mileage of vehicle etc will aid in getting you some help.

dfox
08-10-16, 17:46
Ive had a lot of these engines with some serious and not so serious faults. they have been fit to many different vehicles over the last 10 years or so.

Problems include,
Faulty heater plugs, not easy to replace.
Egr faults, this has a electronic actuator and it is not easy to clean/manually operate.
Injector seals, the copper washer that sits at the base of the injector, this can lead to contamination of the oil and further problems for the oil pump/injector removal/egr valve gunge up etc etc
Fuel rail temp/pressure sensor, this can be very easy or a complete pig to replace.

without some codes and its impossible to start to diagnose faults, however, be careful. A code is only a starting point and not a guaranteed fault. ive had many vehicles come in our shop that have been elsewhere and had lambda sensors and cats, or airflow meters when the problem Is actually just worn/improperly gapped spark plugs (I know yours is diesel that's just an example)

Some codes and more info on service history / when fault occurs most / mileage of vehicle etc will aid in getting you some help.

Thanks for that, I will get this plugged in tomorrow and get some codes posted. I think this is to much of a big job for me with the process of elimination finding out what it is so iv booked it into my local backstreet garage who I know I can rely on.

I alwasy wish i could do this myself but sometimes you cant. thanks for your help.