PDA

View Full Version : FTP to VU ZERO from Android phone

prinston
06-10-16, 09:59
Hello

Wondering if this can be done and more importantly how?...to save rather hassle of hooking up my laptop and setting up the LAN. My Galaxy and Zero box are obviously on same router/LAN. My box isn't WiFi enabled so that's what's making me think it may not be possible? I have USB connector cable if that's an option if wireless isn't.

Any help or tips much appreciated.

Regards

dfox
06-10-16, 11:20
Hello

Wondering if this can be done and more importantly how?...to save rather hassle of hooking up my laptop and setting up the LAN. My Galaxy and Zero box are obviously on same router/LAN. My box isn't WiFi enabled so that's what's making me think it may not be possible? I have USB connector cable if that's an option if wireless isn't.

Any help or tips much appreciated.

Regards

Yes I use Easy FTP for android

prinston
06-10-16, 11:20
Thanks for reply. Which app do you use?

prinston
06-10-16, 11:23

OK thanks for reply. I tried using ES FILE EXPLORER but it wouldn't work. Do you need to input username and password?

prinston
06-10-16, 11:28
Reason I ask is because those fields were greyed out!

dfox
06-10-16, 12:04

Easy FTP or Andftp, work well. yes you have to set connection up with IP etc

Willmoore
06-10-16, 13:43
Easy FTP or Andftp, work well. yes you have to set connection up with IP etc
Iv'e tried using Andftp but can not get it to connect. It asks for Username & Password but I don't have one set. Tried leaving both blank and blank/root but no joy.
Sorry to hijack thread but it may help you also.

Andy_Hazza
06-10-16, 13:47
U: root P: (leave blank) Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
06-10-16, 13:56
Some ftp programs require you to enter something in the password field even if there is no password, so if root/(blank) doesn't work try root/password

dfox
06-10-16, 14:03
Iv'e tried using Andftp but can not get it to connect. It asks for Username & Password but I don't have one set. Tried leaving both blank and blank/root but no joy.
Sorry to hijack thread but it may help you also.

I definitely entered a password even though I don't have one set, as the guys says im sure it was root for username and then sure I used dreambox as password. ill check.

Willmoore
06-10-16, 14:34
Ha ha I gave up too soon - It was root/blank - thanks