PDA

View Full Version : Been away, but I'm coming back.... What's changed?

northernmonkey
05-10-16, 08:20
Hi All,

I've been away for a few years but I'm just about to order another box from Stef. I used to have a Solo2 (sold it on here) and basically I'm just wondering if everything is still the same, images, autoboquet maker, EPG's etc etc?

I the Solo2 still a great box or is there another to consider these days?

Will be ordering this morning!

Huevos
05-10-16, 09:21
Solo2 is still a great box. No current box is quicker. Really depends what you want to do.

Lots of decent options now if you are on a tight budget. Also, lots of boxes with slot-in tuners so you can choose sat, cable, terrestrial options.

High end boxes have more tuner slots and hardware transcoding.

Put OpenViX on any of them and you will hardly notice the difference between one and another, unless you are using special features that are hardware or manufacturer specific.

Biggest change noticeable change is there are a lot more OpenViX compatible skins to choose from.

northernmonkey
05-10-16, 09:26
Cheers Gents!

I'm not on a budget (as such!). I'm just interested in a normal service, no IPTV or streaming etc.

Am I right in thinking I can format the HDD drive from an old Sky box and use that in the Solo 2? I can't remember if it's 2.5 or 3.5"

northernmonkey
05-10-16, 09:35
That's very good point, I'd forgotten about the advances in USB storage!

I reckon I'm just gonna go all out and get the Duo 2 anyway......

Cheers for the help fellas, it's all starting to come back now lol

Huevos
06-10-16, 21:35
unless you need the tuner slot options the Solo4k is a better buy for that money, FBC will let you have 8 tuners per single cable feed.Solo4K has 2 tuners not 8. Using universal LNBs the virtual tuners can only tune the same sub band.

abu baniaz
06-10-16, 21:55
There is an ET8000 in the classifieds

northernmonkey
16-10-16, 20:29
Just seen this reply Abu, I ended up buying the Duo2 from Stef but thanks for the replies guys.