PDA

View Full Version : RF Module for xtrend ET8500

sam297
03-10-16, 10:22
Hi All,

Apologies fairly new here, hope this is the right place to ask.

I've recently bought a Xtrend ET8500 to replace my SKY box. However i currently use the RF out in the sky box so I can watch TV in my other room. The xtrend comes with 2 modules, similar to sky, but also has 2 free slots to add further modules. So would it be worth getting this, http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/xtrend-tuner-tuners/xtrend-et8000-et10000-dvb-c-t2-tuner, to use as RF out? Also would it possible to change channels from other room? Am guessing the sky remote might work but I don't mind buying another remote which is compatible with the xtrend.

If not i'd have to buy another xtrend (ET7500) to use in my other room.

Appreciate any response :)

Regards

Sam

twol
03-10-16, 11:46
Hi All,

I've recently bought a Xtrend ET8500 to replace my SKY box. However i currently use the RF out in the sky box so I can watch TV in my other room. The xtrend comes with 2 modules, similar to sky, but also has 2 free slots to add further modules. So would it be worth getting this, http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/xtrend-tuner-tuners/xtrend-et8000-et10000-dvb-c-t2-tuner, to use as RF out? Also would it possible to change channels from other room? Am guessing the sky remote might work but I don't mind buying another remote which is compatible with the xtrend.

Appreciate any response :)

Regards

Sam
Well, the C/T for the ET8500 from WoS is 42.95 (you picked up the C/T for the ET8000 :) )
So I would go for either the Edision at 79 or the 7500 at 119 pounds.
At least (assuming you have direct lan attachment or WiFI) you can then use fallback receiver from the smaller Edision/Xtrend to the ET8500 and watch what ever you like and control it with its own remote :)
In my view a better option:)

Also although the ET7500 remote is different looking, the ET8500 works with it for all but one button (my ET7500 remote had a battery issue) .... so you can even take the same remote to bed rather than learning a different remote:)

adm
03-10-16, 12:05
Hi All,

The RF out on that tuner is just a loop through. It just outputs the same signal that is fed in to the tuner in connector. It does not modulate the decoded channel you are watching on to the RF output.