PDA

View Full Version : Kodi add on

Clive A
02-10-16, 18:08
Hi all, is it possible to install Kodi as a add on with Vix, and if possible does it wok well ?

DaMacFunkin
02-10-16, 18:11
Only on specific VU+ boxes, solo2 is fine..
Other boxes require a stripped down plug in version.
It should be in the plug in feeds for download.

Clive A
02-10-16, 18:14
Thanks, is it straight forward to install on the VU+ Solo2 as this is the unit i have, will check plug in feeds, Thanks

Andy_Hazza
03-10-16, 13:09
Honestly if you have access to Kodi on anything else then go with that. Kodi on a MIPS based sat receiver isn't good, you'd really be better off getting an FTV4K/Shield/Pi3, it'll work on the Solo2, but I had to enable swap file and it's really not good.

Enable a swap file on a Solo2, thats a bad idea. Anyhow I have setup Kodi for family & friends on various Vu+ receivers as they don't want multiple devices, and yes while it is slower at loading up and updating packages within Kodi, the end result, viewing films n tv shows is still the same and works, even if not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
03-10-16, 16:09
But... Kodi wasn't designed or indeed intended to be stuffed to the guts with thousands of streams and repositorys all requiring support files, if you run it as a front end for your own media home it works fine on a solo2.
P.s. Kodi on FTV4k can't do 24hz switching (yes I know the latest nightlys can) solo2 can.

Stanman
03-10-16, 18:16
I know you've mentioned it could do more harm than good, but without swap I get memory errors, with swap it's as good as it gets on a Solo2 and no errors (Paradox build, genuine Solo2 from WoS). I'd not say it's awful, but i'd have content playing on an FTV4K while the Solo2 was still getting sources and processing a link, it just hasn't got the processing power required to do the job efficiently.
Have it on a solo2 here and it's fine with Orro build.

The other wizards are bloated and caused problems but highly recommend Orro or you could try other builds aimed at firestick

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk