PDA

View Full Version : [TM-2T] boot loop after update to 4.2.006

TK4|2|1
02-10-16, 10:38
Technomate TM-2T
I performed the online update to 4.2.006, previously on build 005.
box rebooted but stuck in boot loop.
log attached

harryoz
02-10-16, 14:11
Same here with Xpeedlx3,will try fresh install tomorrow, now its available.

Sicilian
02-10-16, 14:16
Technomate TM-2T
I performed the online update to 4.2.006, previously on build 005.
box rebooted but stuck in boot loop.
log attached

Can you try a fresh flash and setup.

TK4|2|1
02-10-16, 14:19
Can you try a fresh flash and setup.

Fresh flashed. Ok
Restored from back up OK

lincsat
02-10-16, 14:23
I had the same with a Duo2, not tried the fresh install yet. A Solo2 did update OK.

Spuds
02-10-16, 14:42
Same here with Mutant HD1500. Online update stuck in boot. USB flash - restored settings and plugins. Everything ok.

imish
02-10-16, 15:43
Seems like the software upgrade isn't all that stable despite using the "stable" feeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aido
02-10-16, 16:28
Same here with Xpeedlx3,will try fresh install tomorrow, now its available.
It was fine via online update on my LX3 - wonder if a specific plugin is causing this across the different boxes?

abu baniaz
02-10-16, 16:43
My LX3 was fine too. would be nice to track down issue.

@Harryoz, do you only have the onboard satellite tuners?

lincsat
02-10-16, 17:39
My Duo2 has onboard Sat & Cable/Terrestrial tuners and a USB Cable/Terrestrial tuner. Initially it was throwing up a timer error, so I removed the timer xml and another error appeared. I have reflashed and updated now so don't have the logs any more.

abu baniaz
02-10-16, 17:53
This is the crash

< 107.579> EXCEPTION IN PYTHON STARTUP CODE:
< 107.580> ------------------------------------------------------------
< 107.581> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 107.581> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 673, in <module>
< 107.585> runScreenTest()
< 107.589> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 482, in runScreenTest
< 107.592> nav = Navigation(config.misc.isNextRecordTimerAfterEvent ActionAuto.value, config.misc.isNextPowerTimerAfterEventActionAuto.v alue)
< 107.594> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Navigation.py", line 39, in __init__
< 107.595> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 827, in __init__
< 107.596> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 906, in loadTimer
< 107.597> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 809, in createTimer
< 107.598> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 138, in __init__
< 107.600> KeyError: 'ATSC_priority_tuner_available'
< 108.601> ------------------------------------------------------------
< 108.608> [MAIN] (exit code 5)

Spuds
02-10-16, 18:32
It was fine via online update on my LX3 - wonder if a specific plugin is causing this across the different boxes?

Think you are on to something. I've removed picons.xyz from feeds on both boxes and tried again. both completed the online upgrade fine.
I would be interested to hear if any one else, who had a problem with the upgrade, had that particular plugin installed

harryoz
02-10-16, 18:39
Yes abu, just on board tuners, Have just done fresh install and all is well,
thanks guys!!!!!

aido
02-10-16, 19:20
I did have the picons.xyz feed on mine which worked - other than that it's just bitrate viewer, video enhancement & EPG refresh that I have installed other than what's standard on the LX3.

Cam wise I use oscam latest.

Skin wise I was using ViXMB_1080_Bello but have moved over to iSkin Dark for now.

Oh and I also have the VHannibal Motor settings installed but from reading the latest release notes it may be worth me looking at using his settings app instead

TK4|2|1
10-10-16, 06:35
Did we ever find out what was causing this, and is it now fixed? I see another online update available but I'm reluctant to perform it if it's going to go into boot loop again.

imish
11-10-16, 17:21
Did we ever find out what was causing this, and is it now fixed? I see another online update available but I'm reluctant to perform it if it's going to go into boot loop again.

Likewise. Would help if there was some clarity on this issue...

TK4|2|1
11-10-16, 17:24

I updated anyway, went fine.

Sicilian
11-10-16, 18:47

Why confuse this thread? Your issue was with a different machine altogether.

imish
12-10-16, 22:35
Why confuse this thread? Your issue was with a different machine altogether.

different machine > apparently same issue.

then again i am just a user - as long as the techies have a good understanding of the cause and more importantly a resolution.

plus - there is another member post 6 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53541-boot-loop-after-update-to-4-2-006&p=419069&viewfull=1#post419069) that had the same issue with a mutant1500

abu baniaz
12-10-16, 23:08
The person in post 6 has a Mutant. The thread is about a TM 2T. How do you know the issue is the same. Have you compared the logs? Did you provide any logs?

There are no stable/unstable feeds. It is just a status. When we find a serious issue, we set the status to "unstable" so people cannot update to it.

People who want to make the image better do the following: When they encounter an issue, they try to reproduce it. They get logs of the issue and upload it.

Rather than spend your energies on advocating how online updates are faulty, spend your energies on learning/helping others on how to setup the receiver.

We spend a lot of our free time fixing things, moaning does not help. A lot goes on in the background. Posts with logs and specific instructions to recreate the issue are what is useful. We found the issue with image manager on the miraclebox premium micro by the way.

imish
13-10-16, 22:10
The person in post 6 has a Mutant. The thread is about a TM 2T. How do you know the issue is the same. Have you compared the logs? Did you provide any logs?

There are no stable/unstable feeds. It is just a status. When we find a serious issue, we set the status to "unstable" so people cannot update to it.

People who want to make the image better do the following: When they encounter an issue, they try to reproduce it. They get logs of the issue and upload it.

Rather than spend your energies on advocating how online updates are faulty, spend your energies on learning/helping others on how to setup the receiver.

We spend a lot of our free time fixing things, moaning does not help. A lot goes on in the background. Posts with logs and specific instructions to recreate the issue are what is useful. We found the issue with image manager on the miraclebox premium micro by the way.

Thats good advice and one that I personally tend to follow in my threads where i can, in this case with the box stuck @boot I didn't know how to get to any logs, sorry.

Appreciate all the work that goes in, I can imagine that there are many moving parts, maybe teams, lots of dependencies, etc. I (like many others) just get to see the output of all the work as a customer - would help if expert techies like yourselves could try and appreciate the position of a normal user too without the skills and understanding that you guys have.

I've taken Sicilian's advice and refrained the update on the mutant until 009.