PDA

View Full Version : How to put the preview channel in the window

gigino1971
02-10-16, 00:35
Hi guys, just recently I bought the Edision OS Mini + and I hope someone can help me to find out how I could put the preview channel in the little window at the right side of the bouquet channel section and the EPG like it shows in the picture of openvix website.
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/screenshots/
Sorry for question but this is my first Linux dvb-t2/s2 decoder.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Regards
Luigi

Sicilian
02-10-16, 08:45
What image are you using?

adm
02-10-16, 08:53
Hi guys, just recently I bought the Edision OS Mini + and I hope someone can help me to find out how I could put the preview channel in the little window at the right side of the bouquet channel section and the EPG

Try
Menu -> Set-up ->System -> EPG -> Graphical EPG Settings -> Picture in Graphics = yes
Press the green button on the remote to save

Sicilian
02-10-16, 08:55
Try
Menu -> Set-up ->System -> EPG -> Graphical EPG Settings -> Picture in Graphics = yes
Press the green button on the remote to save

Depends what image the OP is using. Correct assuming he's using OpenViX.

gigino1971
02-10-16, 22:21
Depends what image the OP is using. Correct assuming he's using OpenViX.

Yes correct I'm using Openvix.
Adm thanks I tried your sequence but nothing. 😯

abu baniaz
02-10-16, 22:28
Post a picture of what you are seeing.

say exactly what buttons you are pressing

ahu381
08-10-16, 11:47
My preview screen only shows what's behind it, like a little window, showing only the top right portion of the screen behind it. On my old box it would show the whole screen shrunk into that little box. Is there a setting that would enable this? I'm on Vix btw.

ahu381
15-10-16, 17:01
Still haven't found a fix to this issue. I hope someone here can help. I believe the issue is that the 'picture in graphics' is not scaling down to fit the the small tv screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy_Hazza
15-10-16, 17:45
Still haven't found a fix to this issue. I hope someone here can help. I believe the issue is that the 'picture in graphics' is not scaling down to fit the the small tv screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to post a picture explaining it. Use Webif to grab a picture and explain. Also it will be skin related, I.e. Depends what skin you have installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahu381
15-10-16, 18:02
When I press the Menu button, EPG, or channel list, the channel I was watching does not shrink to fit into the small preview screen in the top right corner. It's the same with the 'default' skin. 5092150922

rossi2000
15-10-16, 19:42
have you replaced any converters/renderers to get the skin working?

ahu381
15-10-16, 21:05
Not sure what you mean, but I installed the skin by uploading an ipk file to the temp folder and that's about it. Anyhow, I don't think it's to do with the skin because I tested it after a fresh reflash a couple of days ago and still had the same prob.

Andy_Hazza
15-10-16, 21:16
Not sure what you mean, but I installed the skin by uploading an ipk file to the temp folder and that's about it. Anyhow, I don't think it's to do with the skin because I tested it after a fresh reflash a couple of days ago and still had the same prob.

Not possible. When you fresh flash the ViX image the preview picture will be correct. I have recently setup a box for a friend with the SkyQ Skin v1.6, and that worked fine. I would advise to reflash your receiver without any restores, so basically setting up from scratch.

ahu381
15-10-16, 21:47
after a fresh reflash...still the same5092950930

ahu381
15-10-16, 22:01
Right, I've managed to eliminate it down to the 'position setup' in user interface. It appears that if I change these settings during the setup wizard, I get the problem. But if I skip this stage at setup or restore to defaults, there's no problem. So for a fix, I have to leave the position settings as default, which is not ideal.

Andy_Hazza
15-10-16, 22:38
What TV do you have?

ahu381
15-10-16, 22:41
A 2011 LG. Not sure about exact model. Just figured it's something to do with overscan as I seem to be getting a grey test image when I change the position settings. I've looked through the tv menu and don't see anything to do with overscan. Is it called something else?

Andy_Hazza
15-10-16, 22:44
On my LG OLED TV its called "Just Scan" in the Aspect Ratio settings. Other names are Just Scale, Screen Fit etc.

ahu381
15-10-16, 22:51
Spot on mate! It's called just scale on mine, and that has sorted it. Thanks for all your help!

Andy_Hazza
15-10-16, 23:00
Glad you got sorted in the end. [emoji1360]

ccs
15-10-16, 23:20
Right, I've managed to eliminate it down to the 'position setup' in user interface. It appears that if I change these settings during the setup wizard, I get the problem. But if I skip this stage at setup or restore to defaults, there's no problem. So for a fix, I have to leave the position settings as default, which is not ideal.

I found ages ago that position setup left/right causes problems when set to 16, and the value 15 sorted it out.

A reboot from deep standby was also needed......

I reflashed with a no settings restore and when I put in the value 16 the OSD moved to the middle of the screen, and things like the epg wrapped round to the left hand side. I'll try it again later.

Edit:

Changing to 16 had no effect. Restarting Enigma had no effect.

Rebooting from deep standby did - the OSD went into the middle. Changing to 15 and went ok, changing to 16 and back to the middle straight away. Most odd.

judge
16-10-16, 00:00
Technomate had similar issues with their first E2 boxes, fixed before or soon after release with driver updates.

abu baniaz
16-10-16, 00:09
have you replaced any converters/renderers to get the skin working?
If it is SlyK skin, it has renderers and converters. If they are at fault, then all machines will be affected.

If the skin is not cause of issue and the drivers are at fault, whatever skin you use, it will not render the PiG correctly.
PiG = Picture in Graphics

Leader
06-01-17, 19:24
I am having the same problem with this box on the openvix 4.2 023 image with a Fresh flash today only got the box a week ago with 021 on and that would not work either so flashed it today to see if it was just an early image problem.

When the setting in position setup or set as default 720 x 576 the preview window works correctly and reduces the screen to fit the preview window in EPG and the other preview windows,

but when i change the setting as my tv being used does not have the scale setting. so changing the setting to 700 x 556 the preview in the EPG or any other preview windows does not reduce as the pic in the op's earlier post.
so only the top right hand corner of the picture screen is in view. I put the setting back to 720 x 576 and it works fine. Your saying its a driver issue. so why is it working at the default setting and not at a lower setting. even just reducing 1 setting from 720 to 719 x 576 causes the preview not to work.

Andy_Hazza
06-01-17, 19:38
I am having the same problem with this box on the openvix 4.2 023 image with a Fresh flash today only got the box a week ago with 021 on and that would not work either so flashed it today to see if it was just an early image problem.

When the setting in position setup or set as default 720 x 576 the preview window works correctly and reduces the screen to fit the preview window in EPG and the other preview windows,

but when i change the setting as my tv being used does not have the scale setting. so changing the setting to 700 x 556 the preview in the EPG or any other preview windows does not reduce as the pic in the op's earlier post.
so only the top right hand corner of the picture screen is in view. I put the setting back to 720 x 576 and it works fine. Your saying its a driver issue. so why is it working at the default setting and not at a lower setting. even just reducing 1 setting from 720 to 719 x 576 causes the preview not to work.

Then turn the overscan feature off on your TV!!

abu baniaz
06-01-17, 19:57
Andy, not all TV/Displays have the overscan setting.

OSD resize menu was meant to affect GUI, not the video. It is indeed an issue affected by the drivers. Shame we cant work around it.

Andy_Hazza
06-01-17, 20:03
Yeah on TVs that are maybe over 10 years old. All newer TVs have the overscan feature, just either A/ They don't know what it is or B/ They think you need to use OSD Positioner to put right which is a very very very last resort.

Leader
06-01-17, 20:05
This tv does not have an overscan on it. I have tried changing the tv from 16.9 Zoom Smart Zoom and Auto, but the screen will not reduce to fit the skin properly, still th M is missing in the Main Menu setup window.

Leader
06-01-17, 20:07
By the way I am not new to this, I have been using vix on other boxes for years.

ccs
06-01-17, 20:09
Which tv model have you got?

Leader
06-01-17, 20:15
Logik 32in LCD and it is only 4 years old L32HED12/A

Leader
06-01-17, 22:02
Yeah on TVs that are maybe over 10 years old. All newer TVs have the overscan feature, just either A/ They don't know what it is or B/ They think you need to use OSD Positioner to put right which is a very very very last resort.

I just do not see the point of having position setup in the image, if it does not do what it is suppose to do without messing other items in the skin. and blaming the TV for something which is a image problem.

Andy_Hazza
06-01-17, 22:05
It is a TV problem. Shoddy TV manufacturing if you ask me. Like Abu pointed out, its a driver issue relating to your specific receiver. You are best reporting directly to them.

Leader
06-01-17, 22:14
sorry but the miraclebox I have does work with the same tv. so don't think so. this issue is with the Edison and the vix image.

Andy_Hazza
07-01-17, 06:31
sorry but the miraclebox I have does work with the same tv. so don't think so. this issue is with the Edison and the vix image.

Correct, Edison > Driver Issue. As you said, Miraclebox (Works) > No Driver Issue. So the problem lies with the Drivers for the Edison, so until Edison provides the Drivers, the problem will remain. ViX has no control on Drivers/Kernels etc.

Rob van der Does
07-01-17, 07:04
Logik 32in LCD and it is only 4 years old L32HED12/A
Going by the manual of your TV there is indeed no way to turn overscan of.

Leader
11-01-17, 15:21
Position setup is now working how it is supposed to do in the new build 026. and the preview screen is now reducing to fit the windows in the epg menus.