PDA

View Full Version : Pressing 0 in EPG to skip to very first channel

steveharman
01-10-16, 16:02
Hi.

Just upgraded to 4.0.1 and I have vague (perhaps incorrect) recollection of being able to press 0 in the EPG and be taken to the very first channel in the EPG, regardless of which bouquet I was currently in. But that doesn't seem to be the case for me any more.

For example; If I'm in the sport bouquet and I press 0 currently this takes me to the first channel in the bouquet. What I'd like is to be taken to the very first channel in my EPG (101 - BBC One HD).

Was this ever a thing or did I dream it? And if I didn't dream it could someone point me at a setting to get it back please?

Thanks,

Steve

Andy_Hazza
01-10-16, 16:10
Hi.

Just upgraded to 4.0.1 and I have vague (perhaps incorrect) recollection of being able to press 0 in the EPG and be taken to the very first channel in the EPG, regardless of which bouquet I was currently in. But that doesn't seem to be the case for me any more.

For example; If I'm in the sport bouquet and I press 0 currently this takes me to the first channel in the bouquet. What I'd like is to be taken to the very first channel in my EPG (101 - BBC One HD).

Was this ever a thing or did I dream it? And if I didn't dream it could someone point me at a setting to get it back please?

Thanks,

Steve

Why are you calling it EPG? It is nothing to do with that. EPG is your 7 Day Guide. ABM or AutoBouquets is responsible for your channels. I have just pressed 0 while watching Sky Sports News HQ and took me straight to BBC One HD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
01-10-16, 16:14
Panic button should still work. This is in live TV mode.

Never tried it while browsing bouquets.

abu baniaz
01-10-16, 16:22
P.S we are on 4.2

steveharman
01-10-16, 16:24
Err, I was calling 'it' the EPG because it's in the EPG (The 7 day Electronic Programme Guide) that I have the issue and I wondered what a fix might be. And yes I meant 4.2 - must have glanced at the kernel version by mistake (4.0.1)

For example I've selected the Sports bouquet from the bouquet list, entered the guide (EPG) and pressed 0. I seem to recall that previously pressing 0 could take me to the very first channel in the guide, back in 3.2 but I might be wrong or it might be a config I have yet to do with 4.x.

I have Main Bouquet set to 'yes (custom)' in ABM at present. But this feels to me like a question about how pressing '0' functions within the EPG rather than ABM.

Should pressing 0 just take me to the initial channel of the bouquet or can I override this so 0 takes me to the first channel in the guide - outside of the current bouquet I'm in?

Thanks,

Steve

abu baniaz
01-10-16, 16:36
ABM is a plugin to make bouquets. You cannot select channels within ABM.

Have a read of this, hope it brings us onto the same page.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51808-EPG-Channels-and-Bouquets

I've never tried pressing the panic button while in the channel list or Graphical EPG, so can't comment on how it used to work or if it is different now.

steveharman
01-10-16, 16:46
Honestly man, I never once mentioned ABM and wouldn't try to select channels in it - my question was and still is about pressing 0 in the guide (EPG).

Is '0' also known as the 'panic button' then? I seem to recall a setting around that - will check it out.

abu baniaz
01-10-16, 17:28
We are looking at it. May be fixed, maybe not

simono5
01-10-16, 19:20
On my Solo2 pressing 0 in EPG has always took me to the first channel in which ever bouquet I'm in.

bellejt
01-10-16, 19:53
latest vix here on duo2 and in EPG "0" brings me to first channel in bouquet.even after changing bouquet in EPG list. Panicbutton is disabled here because I do not need that. Glad you mentioned this because I did not now that was possible and was going to ask a question if it was possible to do that in EPG.

colheath
02-10-16, 07:55
Pressing '0' while watching Sky Sports F1 took me to BBC1, Vu+Solo2

Valiant
02-10-16, 10:07
In OpenVix at least, the setting is Enable panic button found in Menu-> Setup-> System-> Channel selection settings.

The possible values are Yes and No and the guide text says "When enabled, pressing '0' will zap you to the first channel in your first bouquet and delete your zap-history."

If the setting is disabled then pressing '0' zaps you to the first channel in your first bouquet but does not delete the zap-history. A further press of '0' will return you to the channel you zapped from.

bellejt
02-10-16, 10:29
in openvix when disabled the "0" will bring you in "EPG mode" to the first channel of the actal bouquet without zapping.

Valiant
02-10-16, 10:40
in openvix when disabled the "0" will bring you in "EPG mode" to the first channel of the actal bouquet without zapping.

Yes, whilst you are selecting a channel, pressing '0' will highlight the first channel of the current bouquet. This is providing that Channel 1 at start is set to No. This setting is in GraphicalEPG settings found by pressing Menu in the bouquet.

However, the operation of the panic button that I described is for live viewing.