PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to 4.2 and now can't connect to NAS using cifs....

imish
01-10-16, 13:10
Upgraded our VU box from 4.1 > 4.2 and had to set it all up again. Managed to get it all setup apart from connecting to the NAS share.

Had his working perfectly with openvix 4.1 and our NAS using cifs (nfs, afp, etc is not an option)

Now have upgraded the VU box to 4.2.005 and can't get it to connect to the NAS share anymore - keeps saying "invalid location "when browsing to it.

NAS setup hasn't changed

Can view the share using our computers

Using the right username / credentials for the share.

A step by step cifs setup guide for openvix would be ideal like the one I found for nfs.

Or open to other suggestions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
01-10-16, 13:44
Have you enabled samba?

imish
01-10-16, 21:18
Have you enabled samba?

Yes believe so - I'll double check again

imish
02-10-16, 21:41
Confirmed - Samba is running

strangely enough the mount shows up as green - indicating "connected" however I am now able to get the box to browse the file structure on the share.

birdman
03-10-16, 02:18
Confirmed - Samba is runningThis isn't anything to do with you connecting to a NAS.
The only Samba processes (smbd and nmbd) allow other system to mount your filesystems - you want to do the reverse.

birdman
03-10-16, 02:32
How have you got access permissions set up on the NAS?
e.g. do you have them set for specifc IP addresses.
If so, have you set the correct IP address: static - or one specifically assigned by the DHCP server (in your router?)

Telnet into the machine and run this (but use the IP address of your NAS, and change the "user%password" if you are usin passwords).

smbclient -g -s /dev/null -U guest% -L //192.168.1.51

You should get a |-separated list of available shares etc.

imish
03-10-16, 18:28
I'll give that a try.

User credentials for access Permissions, not limited / assigned to IP addresses.

imish
05-10-16, 19:59
You should get a |-separated list of available shares etc.

this is what I see.

Disk|store|
IPC|IPC$|IPC Service ()
Disk|guest|Home Directories
Server|NASDOCK|
Server|VUSOLO2|OpenViX vusolo2 network services
Workgroup|WORKGROUP|VUSOLO2

NASDOCK is the name of the NAS and store is the name of the share.

Still can't seem to connect to the share - shows up as "invalid location"

imish
05-10-16, 20:25
OK

When I type in the following command

smbclient //192.168.20.2/store -U admin

I successfully get the SMB prompt and can list the files in the directory.

How do I go about mounting it using command line cause I have tried a lot of options via the GUI.

birdman
05-10-16, 20:37
this is what I see.

Disk|store|

Still can't seem to connect to the share - shows up as "invalid location"That's a start then. The box can see the NAS.
How have you configured the box to connect to this?

Which of "Mount Manager" or "Network Browser" in
Main menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup

have you used?

imish
05-10-16, 20:52
That's a start then. The box can see the NAS.
How have you configured the box to connect to this?

Which of "Mount Manager" or "Network Browser" in
Main menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup

have you used?

tried both mount manager and network browser - as mentioned earlier when i go through mount manager it shows up as a successful mount. I see it under location however when i click on it to browse the share I get the message "invalid location"

see my post above yours - using smbclient i can connect and view the directory.

can I use command line to successfully execute a persistent mount?\

i've tried the following linux command but it doesn't work - "invalid argument"
mount -t cifs -o <username>,<password> //<servername>/<sharename> /mnt/point/

ccs
05-10-16, 20:59
When I had NAS problems last week, I found (after I had got it working, oddly), that when I tried to add another mount point, network browser refused to expand/collapse the NAS when I selected it. I deleted everything and started again from scratch and it's now working ok.

imish
05-10-16, 21:04
When I had NAS problems last week, I found (after I had got it working, oddly), that when I tried to add another mount point, network browser refused to expand/collapse the NAS when I selected it. I deleted everything and started again from scratch and it's now working ok.

I deleted the mount (even though it didn't work) so now I have no mounts visible in the GUI

yet under autofs I can see all my previous attempts there - nas / NASDOCK / store, etc....

how do I get rid of those?

i'd love to get this working and also understand why the hell its so difficult....

ccs
05-10-16, 21:08
A reboot might be enough, but I'm sure a better way will be to stop enigma and delete/edit all the necessary files.

Best wait for some expert advice.

imish
05-10-16, 21:09
A reboot might be enough,

done that plenty of times - no joy.

imish
05-10-16, 21:14
OK - I fixed it.

be back in 10 mins with a post as to how.

Still would like to know how I can clear the past mount attempts.

imish
05-10-16, 21:48
Tried Mount Manager again - this time it worked.

Went back into the Mount settings to see that the share was showing in the following format shareNASDOCK

All good now.

How do I go about deleting the previous mount attempts - just some housekeeping

birdman
05-10-16, 23:58
Hmmm...

Try this on the command line.

opkg install cifs

birdman
06-10-16, 00:01
yet under autofs I can see all my previous attempts there - nas / NASDOCK / store, etc....

how do I get rid of those?They should just be empty directories (there's nothing special about a mount-point - it juts has to be a directory - doesn't even need to be empty, so a good way to hide things...), so just use "rmdir" on them (if they aren't empty it will complain).

imish
06-10-16, 09:58
managed to clean up the dud "mounts"

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40603-Removing-Movie-Paths&p=345490&viewfull=1#post345490