PDA

View Full Version : Twin cable tuners?

Hannaman
01-10-16, 08:56
Hi guys just a quick question see on a twin cable tuner receiver do I need to split my single virgin feed to setup each tuner? I've just recently switched to virgin from sky but with one feed coming into house I was confused as to how it worked with non virgin twin tuner receivers?

Sicilian
01-10-16, 09:17
Some tuners are single tuner modules, some are twin DVB-C tuners that split internally and only need one feed.

Hannaman
01-10-16, 09:22
Thanks Sicilian mate, would you be able to suggest a receiver that only needs one feed price doesn't matter?

Hannaman
01-10-16, 09:25
It's just so I can record as I can on my sat setup?

Hannaman
01-10-16, 09:29
Vu+ Solo SE V2 Seen this on the sponsors website would this be what I'm looking for?

Sicilian
01-10-16, 09:36
Vu+ Solo SE V2 Seen this on the sponsors website would this be what I'm looking for?

Yes that only needs one feed, but no internal HDD facility, external USB or eSATA only.

This is a superb unit to consider http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/technomate/technomate-tm-nano-se-m2-plus-triple-combo-twin-dvb-c-1x-dvb-s2 twin cable tuner and also an embedded satellite tuner. Also has internal SATA HDD facility, for £138 pretty much unbeatable.

Hannaman
01-10-16, 09:41
Thanks mate so that box is one feed but can record one and watch another? Great price too.

Sicilian
01-10-16, 09:50
Yes it can, just needs one feed to input of the plug and play DVB-C tuner.

Hannaman
01-10-16, 09:54
Happy days cheers buddy!

blackvenom
01-10-16, 21:01
Yes that only needs one feed, but no internal HDD facility, external USB or eSATA only.

This is a superb unit to consider http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/technomate/technomate-tm-nano-se-m2-plus-triple-combo-twin-dvb-c-1x-dvb-s2 twin cable tuner and also an embedded satellite tuner. Also has internal SATA HDD facility, for £138 pretty much unbeatable.

Is this a new unit on the market? Are Technomate a good brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
01-10-16, 21:29
Technomate are a good brand. That is a new receiver on the market.