PDA

View Full Version : Spinning VIX and crashes

raedkuwait
08-01-11, 18:11
Hi,
i have installed vix 1.3 since it came out, and many times, when changing from one channel to another, i get the spinning VIX logo and take some times before it changes
to that channel , and some time it crashes, i have 64mb swap file on usb, and no picons
any help would b appreciated

thank you

raedkuwait
08-01-11, 23:49
hi,
it just crashed again, while i was watching a channel and recording it ?????
and the log file is 0 bites???
so this crash thing is increasing 1.2 was more stable to me

Lewiscc
09-01-11, 01:08
i've had that happen a couple of times in the morning rae... when coming out of standby, but a reboot usually sorts it out .

basilyoung
09-01-11, 01:33
I have just spent the day, studying the vVIX 1.3, and did find simular issues, ( not exactly the same ) I now have the image running very well
also, produced a back up, on a usb stick, and reloaded the image several times, on two units,

I think the key thing to do, is get the unit updated, cant post how for a short time...updating my epg
but will post back shortly on precisely what i have done

baz

basilyoung
09-01-11, 01:56
ok....very simple really

menu/setup/software management/software update

once done, and rebooted, ( you will not lose any of your settings )

set up a usb mem stick

go to menu/setup/vix/device manager/ and you should see your mem stick....format it

then select swap manager, and activate it

then go to image manager ( set up/vix/settings/////and choose your mem stick for epg location

then sort out your epg down loads....rytec/source...select the relivant provider downloads

then exit, and select manual, and you should then get the epg,s you require

then go to menu/settings/vix/image manager, and select new backup...this will take about 5 minutes

once done,....should you ever need the unit reimaged, you just need to put on the vix 1.3 plugin you usb...select restore...about 5 mins, reboot the unit, and all should be as was

baz

leecovuk
10-01-11, 04:36
set up a usb mem stick...

I've given up trying to use a USB stick in any way. Either it vanishes from Device Manager or it makes the receiver stall / hang on booting up.

I went out and bought a USB drive thinking it may be better, but then it turns out a USB drive needs to be externally powered which mine isn't.

So I've given up on any further expense or usage of any kind of external USB disk.

Lee
UK

dfdream
10-01-11, 09:45
I too was having the issues in the original post and was convinced that since Vix 1.3 there was a general reliability issue (but I havent seen much similar posts on the forum so I didnt go much into it).
There was nothing in particular the repeatedly happened but I didnt find it as good as previous.
I too following advice went through the Turn Swap on / Turn Swap off / Install a HDD / Use Specific memory Stick debacle but to be honest this to me is only hiding an issue. No Previous version or other image uses this setup. (IMHO).

I was wondering if something new in the drivers was causing an issue.
Yesterday Eve I installed PLi to see how the new drivers are working there, I will keep you updated.

Setup is Basic Install, Crossepg, Multiquickbutton, CCCam, CoolTv Guide, Autotimer.