PDA

View Full Version : VU + Duo Internet Not Working

daz974
29-09-16, 20:53
Hi

I have a VU + Duo running ViX Apollo 3.9.6 and a Tenda W150M WiFi 150MBPS Wifibridge to connect to the internet. This setup has been working working for over a year without any problems. All of a sudden, the box has lost its internet connection. Running the network test the box fails to find an IP address and Nameserver. I have tried the following to rectify the problem:

Restarted the box and reset the network settings;
Set a static IP on my router;
Tried to use DHCP settings;
Confirmed settings on Tenda WiFi bridge are correct;
Updated the box to the latest ViX immage.

Non of the above have worked. When I updated to the latest ViX image and used the internet wizard it got stuck saying "No internet connection"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

twol
29-09-16, 21:25
What if you plug it direct into the router? bypassing the bridge? ...... just to see if you can get an internet connection.

cactikid
29-09-16, 22:01
i only used hard wired but on many occasions had to reboot box and router to reconnect.

daz974
01-10-16, 11:48
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay, I have been busy with work and had to get into the loft for a long enough network cable.

I have connected the box directly to the router, and the internet now works, meaning that there must be a problem with the wifi bridge. My box is upstairs and the router is downstairs, so it is not feasible to use a wired connection all of the time. Have you any ideas how I can fix this, as I had not changed any of the settings?

Thanks

twol
01-10-16, 12:26
Curious to know what is the WiFi signal strength on the ground floor perhaps something has happened to weaken the signal or there is interference causing the issue?
As much as I don,t really rate them highly, powerplugs maybe your answer:), removing the wifi bridge.

daz974
02-10-16, 12:59
The WiFi strength is fine. All my other devices work. May be worth getting some home plugs tho as it would give a more stable connection.

Andy_Hazza
02-10-16, 13:07
Homeplugs n Wifi not as good as hardwired though. Wifi very temperamental as is homeplugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
02-10-16, 13:17
The WiFi strength is fine. All my other devices work. May be worth getting some home plugs tho as it would give a more stable connection.

Perhaps reset the bridge and then set back up ..... I was using a similar device to cover a WiFi blackhole and it was fine for 12 months and then no longer worked even when I tried to set it back up again.
But worth trying :)