PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Yet another "timeout for tuner lock" thread.

Cohibastevie
29-09-16, 16:13
Hi Folks,

Long time since I've posted here, I got my Vu+ Solo2 about 2 years ago and it has honestly been bullet proof since setup so I have just been lurking for a while lol.

Here's my quandary...

my sat setup is as follows:

One fixed dish with 28.2E (directly connected to tuner A)
One fixed dish with multi lnb setup for 13.0E and 19.0E (both running into 4 way diseqc switch connected to tuner B)

I should also add that a feed from the 28.2E dish also goes into the diseqc switch essentially giving me 3 sats on tuner B.

I set my tuner B config up using diseq ABCD and the satellite selection to auto. The auto setup picks up the three sats immediately and assigns them to the correct ports. Signal strength on a manual test is in the 90s for each sat.

The problem is when using ABM for the providers on 13.0E and 19.0E. I get a "timeout for tuner lock" error when running ABM. I have tried selecting only skyUk and deselecting all other European providers and ABM runs without an issue. so it appears I only have this problem when trying to use AMB for the 13 and 19E providers.

I did do a manual scan and it appears I am picking up all applicable channels, but I would obviously like them in an easy to nav channel list.

Is there any suggestions you vix savvy guys could help me with?

Thanks in advance for any support.

Stevie.

Huevos
29-09-16, 18:36
Does your tuner setup work fine in satfinder.

Try setting up advanced.

No problems with 13/19 and ABM here.

twol
29-09-16, 18:54
Not sure what ABM locks on for 13 and 19 E, but perhaps you need to check out your lnb positioning and especially skew on the multi-lnb setup.
Both 28.2E and19.2 E run fine on abm for me, so not just a simple ABM problem.

abu baniaz
29-09-16, 19:01
ABM support questions are better with debug logs attached.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions