PDA

View Full Version : Best LNB for Solo 4K?

neo1607
29-09-16, 12:36
Just having a read through the forum and I see neither the standard Sky or Sky Q LNB are really suitable for the Solo 4K, just wondering what LNB people would recommend, I see people mentioning a Unicable II LNB but im unsure which one to go for as there is quite a few ranging from as little as £15 up to £99, obviously I don't want to spend more than needed, is there one that's reasonably priced that would fit onto a Sky Mini Dish to suit the 4K box ok?

Huevos
29-09-16, 13:41
Pretty much all LNBs have a 40mm collar so you can't use them on a Sky dish. So if you want to use a different LNB you would need to change the dish. Team members using a Unicable II LNB are using the Inverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP. No complaints.

rossi2000
29-09-16, 13:49
you can buy an adapter which i did for my unicable 1 lnb on my sky dish.

Yellow Ostrich
27-10-16, 19:09
I now have 4 STB's in the house including a solo 4k just purchased. I currently have an OCTO LNB with a standard Sky satellite dish. I have excellent signal strength.

What do you reckon is the best solution for feeding the Standard Satellite receivers and also take advantage of the FBC tuner in the Solo 4k. I read somewhere that it might be easier just to have a 2nd dish and Unicable LNB for the Solo 4k.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this as I don't have a great deal of experience in this area.

Thanks,

YO

abu baniaz
27-10-16, 19:14
What do you mean exactly by "standard receiver"? Freesat receiver, sky receiver?

Yellow Ostrich
27-10-16, 19:16
They're all enigma 2 receivers with the latest VIX image on.

abu baniaz
27-10-16, 19:27
Your best option is a uncable LNB. Don't get the four channel (SCR) versions, get the 24/32 channel version. OpenVix and some other OE_A images already support Unicable 2 LNBs.

Yellow Ostrich
27-10-16, 19:48
Hi Abu,

Thanks for the reply.

Will a 24/32 channel unicable LNB feed the other boxes as well as the Solo 4k? or will I need another Dish and LNB?

Can you recommend a specific Make/Model? I'd prefer to order from WOS if they do them..

Cheers,

YO

abu baniaz
27-10-16, 20:11
Simple answer = yes, unicable LNB will supply signal to all receivers. However, you will need an adapter to fit on a Sky dish

Longer answer...
Normal LNB = You cannot split signal.
Unicable LNB = You can split the signal. A 24 channel LNB means you can connect upto 24 tuners.

Additionally, the Solo 4k has FBC tuners. You can get most out of your LNB.

dvdevans
10-11-16, 22:24
Hi all
I have been reading through posts here
I also have a vu+ 4k with 4 tuners
Also I have skyq
Is the skyq lnb a unicable to which can I split this to run the vu+ 4k and a Panasonic freesat bluray player

twol
10-11-16, 22:45
From an earlier September post I believe the answer is No, skyq is different:)

dvdevans
10-11-16, 22:53
Thanks for that twol
I will buy a unicable lnb now as I have 2 dishes
Just thought if skyq would work I woldnt have to get the lnb
cheers

dvdevans
10-11-16, 23:31
Which unicable would I need to run
4 x tuners on vu+4k
2 x tuner bluray freesat box
2 x tuner 4k sony tv freesat
would I also need a unicable programmer for this
or could I just use a splitter
thanks

abu baniaz
10-11-16, 23:46
2 x tuner bluray freesat box
2 x tuner 4k sony tv freesat

Do you know for certain that these devices can use a unicable or unicable 2 LNB?

dvdevans
11-11-16, 00:00
No M8
Just presuming they will
Not too bothered if they do as I don't really use them
With having the VU+ and skyq there is enough tuners
cheers

duoduo
11-11-16, 08:46
Hi all

Thinking about purchasing ultimo 4k once available, in preparation for this can someone please post up a link to either wos or alternative suppliers for best option lnb plus new dish, or lnb plus extension for a sky mini dish (if an option). I just want to find out additional costs on top of receiver.

Many thanks

Huevos
11-11-16, 08:50
can someone please post up a link to either wos or alternative suppliers for best option lnbInverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP.

Dream1
11-11-16, 20:12
I thinking of gettin solo 4k,Does the ordinary lnb of sky dish work with solo 4k?

reeves1985
11-11-16, 20:31
Yeah it does
Bit pointless though

Andy_Hazza
11-11-16, 20:36
I thinking of gettin solo 4k,Does the ordinary lnb of sky dish work with solo 4k?

Yeah, but to really utilise the FBC tuners you really need to get the Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB as quoted above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream1
11-11-16, 20:44
Ok thanks,any1 any idea when the ultimo 4k is getting released

Andy_Hazza
11-11-16, 20:54
I don't think it will be this year, maybe Q4, late Q4 I think.

duoduo
11-11-16, 21:31
I'll be dammed if I can work this out then Andy lol..

Andy_Hazza
11-11-16, 21:34
I'll be dammed if I can work this out then Andy lol..

Whats that buddy?

abu baniaz
11-11-16, 21:56
Yeah it does
Bit pointless though

It is not pointless. Using a standard LNB, with non-FBC single tuner, you cannot access BBC One HD and ITV HD simultaneously (using London SD settings). An FBC tuner can do this.

reeves1985
11-11-16, 22:43
It is not pointless. Using a standard LNB, with non-FBC single tuner, you cannot access BBC One HD and ITV HD (using London SD settings). An FBC tuner can do this.

I'm not sure I follow that part
I can pick them both up fine

abu baniaz
11-11-16, 22:58
Simultaneously using a single tuner?

Channels on 10847 Vertical 23000 and 11097 Vertical 23000

reeves1985
11-11-16, 23:48
Simultaneously using a single tuner?

Channels on 10847 Vertical 23000 and 11097 Vertical 23000

No sorry I didn't follow what you meant as it just sounded like you couldn't pick both up
Obviously I can't pick them up simultaneously.

That's why I asked

Andy_Hazza
11-11-16, 23:53
No sorry I didn't follow what you meant as it just sounded like you couldn't pick both up
Obviously I can't pick them up simultaneously.

That's why I asked

With FBC tuners, one cable into Tuner A on a Solo 4K with a Unicable II/JESS LNB allows you to record 7 different programmes all on different transponders. [emoji4]

duoduo
12-11-16, 08:31
Thanks for answering this question, it was next on my list and now I understand re one cable. So do you setup the other tuners to run off tuner a to be able to record multiple channels?

Andy_Hazza
12-11-16, 08:36
Basically Tuners A, C, D, E, F, G & H will be setup with the JESS LNB in the tuner configuration setup. Tuner B could be used for a motorised setup.

duoduo
12-11-16, 12:38
Sounds a smart setup and the way forwards. A different dish is needed then, currently using sky mini dish?

Andy_Hazza
12-11-16, 12:45
Yeah I have a Technomate 65cm Mesh Dish bought from WoS. You might be able to get an LNB adapter for the existing Sky Dish, but don't take my word for that. [emoji4]

DaMacFunkin
12-11-16, 13:03
You can get an adapter collar for a normal lnb on a mk4/mk5 sky dish but you may need add a bit of extra support to them.

Blu-ray
12-11-16, 13:09
Looking at Jess lnb's on eBay some have one cable others have two or three. Also you can use it for Light sky, Mysky, or MyskyHD. If you only need one cable what are the other 2 for & what is Mysky ect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huevos
12-11-16, 13:15
Those other ports are legacy ports. Nothing to do with Unicable. They are for STBs the don't support Unicable.

dvdevans
12-11-16, 16:53
Hi
I have been looking at this lnb
https://www.reichelt.com/?LANGUAGE=EN&CTYPE=0&MWSTFREE=0&CCOUNTRY=447&ARTICLE=165065&PROVID=2788&wt_guka=22596836417_79177416017&PROVID=2788&gclid=CKzQhqfIo9ACFcGfGwodNR4K7w
Will it work with just using normal splitter or do I have to use a switcher like the one below
https://www.reichelt.com/Unicable-Systems/INVERTO-5151/3/index.html?ACTION=3&LA=446&ARTICLE=164764&GROUPID=4353&artnr=INVERTO+5151&SEARCH=EN50607

Huevos
12-11-16, 18:26
Hi
I have been looking at this lnb
https://www.reichelt.com/?LANGUAGE=EN&CTYPE=0&MWSTFREE=0&CCOUNTRY=447&ARTICLE=165065&PROVID=2788&wt_guka=22596836417_79177416017&PROVID=2788&gclid=CKzQhqfIo9ACFcGfGwodNR4K7w
Will it work with just using normal splitter or do I have to use a switcher like the one below
https://www.reichelt.com/Unicable-Systems/INVERTO-5151/3/index.html?ACTION=3&LA=446&ARTICLE=164764&GROUPID=4353&artnr=INVERTO+5151&SEARCH=EN50607You do not want a switch. That is to work with a quattro LNB.

dvdevans
12-11-16, 19:55
Thanks Huevos
Cracking site for help
Appreciated all the answers

Dream1
02-12-16, 21:04
Hi guys I was just wonding... In the vu uno 4k and ultimo 4k does the lnb used effect channel zapping speed?

Andy_Hazza
02-12-16, 21:13
Hi guys I was just wonding... In the vu uno 4k and ultimo 4k does the lnb used effect channel zapping speed?

Nope. There was an issue with some users which related to softcam issues, but as far as I know they have been fixed.

Dream1
02-12-16, 21:18
Thanks Andy,so a ordinary lnb will not effect channel zapping speed

Andy_Hazza
02-12-16, 21:44
Nope. There was an issue with some users which related to softcam issues, but as far as I know they have been fixed.

Shouldn't do. You having problems?

Dream1
02-12-16, 21:50
No have solo2 at min but tinkin of getting ultimo 4k or uno 4k,was Justin wondering if I needed to change lnb,do you know if kodi runs any better on 4k boxes

Andy_Hazza
02-12-16, 21:54
No have solo2 at min but tinkin of getting ultimo 4k or uno 4k,was Justin wondering if I needed to change lnb,do you know if kodi runs any better on 4k boxes

To get best out of the Vu+ 4K boxes, Unicable II (JESS) LNB is the way to go. Kodi still not great, can only get better in time imo, but for now stick with an Amazon Fire TV. [emoji4]

Dream1
02-12-16, 21:56
Ok Andy thanks

Stanman
03-12-16, 10:33
You will be fine with Kodi on the S2. I have it on one here and it's absolutely fine and whilst not as good as my firetv, it is def £80 better.

You can't put the giant builds on it but then I use about half a dozen addon which is more then enough.

Stick ares wizzard on and install the ORROO firestick lite build.

You get the occasional skin error but works 100%

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

fevgatos
03-12-16, 11:26
Just having a read through the forum and I see neither the standard Sky or Sky Q LNB are really suitable for the Solo 4K, just wondering what LNB people would recommend, I see people mentioning a Unicable II LNB but im unsure which one to go for as there is quite a few ranging from as little as £15 up to £99, obviously I don't want to spend more than needed, is there one that's reasonably priced that would fit onto a Sky Mini Dish to suit the 4K box ok?

Hi mate , best lnb is Inverto Unicable II programmable LNB,also you can add holder adaptor for sky dish MK4 LNB -40mm,
It the receiver has one of the new advanced tuners (like the
VU+ 4K many different channels can be recorded which watching a different channel. A single cable is used between the
LNB and the receiver. It can also be used with multiple receivers as long as the correct unicable software pre-installed.
Unicable IITM - Inverto’s programmable ODU solutions -
Inverto is a leader in single cable solutions since 2005, and a supplier of choice of ODU products for tier-1 satellite
operators across the world. The Unicable II™ is the 2nd generation of single cable distribution products, digital
Channel Stacking supporting up to 32 user bands and based on the latest full-band capture technology.
Quick and simple upgrade of subscribers’ homes from single-tuner single-room setup to multi-room multi-tuner setup
(up to 32 tuners in total) using existing cables, reducing cost and time of upgrades,
or if you need LNB with splitters for 4 outputs. Connect up to 4 receivers,then you have to buy this one ,
The new Inverto Unicable SCR (Single Cable Router)
have look here
http://www.inverto.tv/guide/?p=25
regards Nick

Arcy
04-12-16, 01:06
Another way to feed the 4K's FBC tuners is to use a Unicable matrix such as the Spaun SUS 5581 in conjunction with a quattro LNB. On its own, this is an expensive solution to a requirement that can be met more cheaply, but it works well as part of a multi-satellite, multi-receiver installation. I have a toroidal dish with four quattro LNBs for the main satellites I use. These are connected to a DiSEqC multiswitch which provides outputs for Tuners C and D of the Solo 4K as well as for three other receivers. In this way, all the tuners have an unrestricted choice of channels on all four satellites. The Spaun Unicable matrix intercepts the quattro feeds from the 28.2E LNB on their way to the multiswitch, thus avoiding the need to have a separate dish for the FBC tuner - you can simply loop the feeds through it.

An advantage of this system is that it doesn't suffer from digital splats which I was getting when I used quad or octo LNBs with ordinary DiSEqC switches. If I changed channel on one receiver, a momentary glitch would appear on other receivers tuned to other channels, on the live picture and on recordings. I never worked out what was causing this -- LNB voltage transients possibly, or crosstalk in the switches - but the multiswitch system is free of it.

twol
04-12-16, 10:23
Another way to feed the 4K's FBC tuners is to use a Unicable matrix such as the Spaun SUS 5581 in conjunction with a quattro LNB. On its own, this is an expensive solution to a requirement that can be met more cheaply, but it works well as part of a multi-satellite, multi-receiver installation. I have a toroidal dish with four quattro LNBs for the main satellites I use. These are connected to a DiSEqC multiswitch which provides outputs for Tuners C and D of the Solo 4K as well as for three other receivers. In this way, all the tuners have an unrestricted choice of channels on all four satellites. The Spaun Unicable matrix intercepts the quattro feeds from the 28.2E LNB on their way to the multiswitch, thus avoiding the need to have a separate dish for the FBC tuner - you can simply loop the feeds through it.

An advantage of this system is that it doesn't suffer from digital splats which I was getting when I used quad or octo LNBs with ordinary DiSEqC switches. If I changed channel on one receiver, a momentary glitch would appear on other receivers tuned to other channels, on the live picture and on recordings. I never worked out what was causing this -- LNB voltage transients possibly, or crosstalk in the switches - but the multiswitch system is free of it.
Thank you for the 1st sensible solution I have seen for people,with multiple sats and don,t want to throw away the existing infrastructure ..... at least it gives me an option that I hadn,t seen before ..... Inverto may say they are a "leader" in single cable solutions but their LNB,s are crap,in a marginal signal situation ... and that has been proved in numerous set ups,over here :)

attewell
21-03-18, 07:58
Pretty much all LNBs have a 40mm collar so you can't use them on a Sky dish. So if you want to use a different LNB you would need to change the dish. Team members using a Unicable II LNB are using the Inverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP. No complaints.

Does a Unicable II LNB have much of a benefit over std LNB when you only have one receiver?

Sicilian
21-03-18, 08:03
Does a Unicable II LNB have much of a benefit over std LNB when you only have one receiver?

You'll need at least SCR8 for one twin FBC tuner.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gt-sat

Take a look at the GT-dLNB1DY, this is SCR24.

Do you have any Freesat TV's or any other receivers that can't use Unicable? If so look at the GT-S3DCSS24 as this also has 3x Legacy outputs.
GT-dLNB1DY

GT-dLNB1DY

GT-dLNB1DY