PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] vix images

asommers1183
27-09-16, 01:37
PLEASE HELP!!

so I am currently using 4.1.016. but there's a new 4.2.005, how do i download this without losing a load of stuff. installed it before and lost my skin. literally was back at factory settings with recordings on HD. had to restore a backup but dont want to do it again without knowing how to upgrade properly.

Thanks

tomuser
27-09-16, 08:54
For 4.2 best solution is to start from scratch. Usual backup from earlier versions does not work. There are bigger changes under the hood and restoring from there might result big issues. There are some settings/files mostly in enigma2 folder which you can restore manually later but also these are not guaranteed to work properly.

I did my update few weeks ago, took 3 hours to get it done. And I do not have any specific setups :P. Channel search itself took about 1 hour (5 LNB-s). What I did just in case was image backup and config backup from. So I have possibility to go back if update would fail, make tuner unstable or whatever. Also I took screenshots for every page in menu I knew I had changed. Used Vu+ Android app for doing it but it can be done also via web browser (http://ip-of-tuner/grab). And when new image was installed I watched every screenshot and changed settings one by one in tuner. From time to time I also made config backup and occasionally also image backup. So I have few restore points from certain upgrade/update phases (after clean install, then after changed settings, then after channel search, ...). I tried also restore manually bouquets but for some reason one list did not restore properly, all channels were not available. Fortunately it was most easiest list with less channels in it, so it took only 5 minutes to set it up again. So I reverted back to previous backup I made and then changed this bouquet after that to get it right. So just relax, take your time and start your settings session :)