PDA

View Full Version : Recording with this box

groove_timer
26-09-16, 13:48
Hi,

Is anyone having issues when timeshifting or recording using a connected usb pen drive? Had similar issues in the past with the Medi@link Ixuss Zero box, where it's just not responding when pause and replaying or watching a recorded programme. I've set this up for my dad but the recording just isn't working properly, very sluggish and non responsive when playing/ Fast Forwarding or Rewinding.

I'm thinking maybe I need a better usb drive? Does anyone have this working fine and if so, what type of usb drive are you using? Also is this USB 3.0 as can't see it mentioned on WOS spec info for the box.

Thanks

Larry-G
26-09-16, 16:29
No it's not USB 3.0 no STB has USB 3.0 that I can think of rite now. If it did have USB 3.0 the manufacturers would have plastered it all over the side of the shipping box along with all the other sales patter they put there.

DaMacFunkin
26-09-16, 17:26
No it's not USB 3.0 no STB has USB 3.0 that I can think of rite now. If it did have USB 3.0 the manufacturers would have plastered it all over the side of the shipping box along with all the other sales patter they put there.

(Ahem Solo4k, it is labelled on the shipping box along with HDR)

Larry-G
26-09-16, 17:29
(Ahem Solo4k, it is labelled on the shipping box along with HDR)

Dont own one so MEHHH. Lol.

serps
31-10-17, 23:11
I'm having issues recording with this box too, not sure if you found a solution?

im using openvix and i have a 500gb external hardrive attached. When using timeshift its really buggy, for example if you pause for around 10 seconds then continue playing it will resume for a while maybe 30 seconds then switch to a black screen.

anyone have any ideas!?

also its not the hard drive as i have tried it on my vu solo box and its fine