PDA

View Full Version : installing PICON

Geoff Clark
26-09-16, 11:41
Chaps,

new to this, but managed so far.
i want to install picon,
i have my EPG set up on USB! i have downloaded the picon as a IPK file, placed it into my TMP file. opened VIX on box, installed it ok, restarted GUI , but nothing changes !!!

i may have missed a step ???

many thanks

gibbletts
26-09-16, 12:13
I just have a folder named picon and copy picons to it works no problem

Geoff Clark
26-09-16, 13:38
thanks for the reply!

where is the folder ?? do you copy the IPK file into that folder ??

sorry but can you be more specific ? like i say new to this, do you make a folder ? then paste it somewhere ? then copy the ipk file to it ??

chris16v
26-09-16, 13:40
have you activated showing picons?

you will need to select an option called something like "show picons in bouquets" or something like that.
i think its in the channel listings/menu.

Geoff Clark
26-09-16, 17:12
Hi Chris,
ok tried that. in channel selection settings, show picons in service list, it was set to No, i changed it to yes, restarted the box.... still no change http://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif
any other ideas??

abu baniaz
26-09-16, 17:27
Double check what you have done against this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

A debug log will be ideal as it will show which location is being used

msheaton
01-11-16, 15:49
Chaps,

new to this, but managed so far.
i want to install picon,
i have my EPG set up on USB! i have downloaded the picon as a IPK file, placed it into my TMP file. opened VIX on box, installed it ok, restarted GUI , but nothing changes !!!

i may have missed a step ???

many thanks

Hi Geoff, just wondering which IPK file you have used and where you got it from? The picicon plugins on my system are not very discriptive and I am not sure which to use, I'm also a relatively inexperienced user but have managed to set my system but cannot poad the pic icons as yet.