PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Ultimo Box

frankblueking
26-09-16, 09:29
I have watched with interest the discussion on the new image 4.2. I did a clean install but went back to 4.1.16 when I couldn't resolve the Webif streaming issues. At the time I posted and received varying comments, much appreciated, one of which recommended that I stay with 4.1.16 as my box is long in the tooth and may now be struggling with the demands of the latest image. Can anyone confirm whether or not the Vu+ Ultimo is capable of running the latest image or should I be saving my pennies for a box upgrade? Secondly have the issues with streaming and slow running with the new image now been resolved? Thanks in anticipation of your help. :confused::confused:

Andy_Hazza
26-09-16, 09:59
Hi. It is capable of running but in all honesty I think you will notice its not as smooth and I would personally start saving some pennies up for a new receiver. I have a Vu+ Uno which I have put 3.0.808 image on as it runs better and just mainly used for tv viewing. Likewise with the Vu+ Solo and Vu+ Duo, I have recently put 3.0.808 images on for family and friends and runs loads better than the newer images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
26-09-16, 10:16
The ultimo is ok but be mindful it is a old receiver now so don't fill it full of crap

bassethound
26-09-16, 11:58
Love my Vu+ Ultimo set up as 4 tuner runs great on 4.1.16 all my plugins run smooth i wont be trading up any time soon

have you tried using flashxspander plugin on a usb stick

frankblueking
26-09-16, 14:15
Love my Vu+ Ultimo set up as 4 tuner runs great on 4.1.16 all my plugins run smooth i wont be trading up any time soon

have you tried using flashxspander plugin on a usb stick

Hi. I find that the box runs ok on 4.1.16 so no immediate panic, however I recognise that the older images are not supported/improved. I've not come acrossxpander but will read up on it to see if it would suit my system. Thanks for your help. Regards

jukkal2
26-09-16, 15:53
I have watched with interest the discussion on the new image 4.2. I did a clean install but went back to 4.1.16 when I couldn't resolve the Webif streaming issues.

I had some problem running 4.2.001 with my Ultimo, after a few days it crashed and didn't boot up properly, it just left the vix logo spinning and showed the boot image. So I then flashed back to 4.1.016 to wait for the next version.
Then I flashed to 4.2.004 when it came out, and updated to 4.2.005 through online update when I noticed it was available. No problem since that, the current uptime is now 15 days.
Oscam, Nfs, Samba and weather plugins installed and working. I haven't noticed difference to 4.1.016.
It's up to you whether you want to stick with 4.1.016 or use the latest greatest image.

Larry-G
26-09-16, 16:27
I had some problem running 4.2.001 with my Ultimo, after a few days it crashed and didn't boot up properly, it just left the vix logo spinning and showed the boot image. So I then flashed back to 4.1.016 to wait for the next version.
Then I flashed to 4.2.004 when it came out, and updated to 4.2.005 through online update when I noticed it was available. No problem since that, the current uptime is now 15 days.
Oscam, Nfs, Samba and weather plugins installed and working. I haven't noticed difference to 4.1.016.
It's up to you whether you want to stick with 4.1.016 or use the latest greatest image.

Mine still has the hades series image installed and it works flawlessly.

frankblueking
26-09-16, 22:36
Interesting to note the different approaches to handling new images. I guess the moral of the story is to stick with what works until there is a problem?? Not normally my approach to life but warming to the idea!! No disrespect to the developers intended as they do a great job for the good of the community. Regards :):)

Huevos
26-09-16, 23:56
Well the problem is there won't be feeds for old images forever, so if you want a fully working image with feeds you are going to need to update some time in the near future. Each machine uses about 2GB of feeds space. There are 50 machines. Multiply that by Apollo, Hades, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc, and you are looking at terabytes of disc space, most of it just being leeched by people running clones.

Larry-G
27-09-16, 00:24
Feeds are not every thing, you can easily download all the plugins you need while the feeds are up or just source them else where. For my needs Hades is more than sufficient.

Sicilian
27-09-16, 06:48
Mine still has the hades series image installed and it works flawlessly.

and Hades is missing lots of other stuff.......:bored:

Larry-G
27-09-16, 07:22
and Hades is missing lots of other stuff.......:bored:

None of which I use, it's not like there's some killer, must have feature in these new images, so it's of no importance to me to upgrade any time soon.

Sicilian
27-09-16, 07:26
None of which I use, it's not like there's some killer, must have feature in these new images, so it's of no importance to me to upgrade any time soon.

Ok, we keep hearing :)

frankblueking
27-09-16, 09:47
Ideally I would want to update but it is no use if my box has a problem. I will try again with the latest version. My piggy bank is filling with pennies. Different issue, I note for the first time some of my posts are repeated!! Not sure what is happening, hopefully not something I'm doing. Thanks for your help.

Sicilian
27-09-16, 12:44
Different issue, I note for the first time some of my posts are repeated!! Not sure what is happening, hopefully not something I'm doing. Thanks for your help.

Oh no! You've broken the forum! :p :D Don't worry, double post deleted :)