PDA

View Full Version : Help with CI problem

jackall66
08-01-11, 13:49
Hi all, I bought my Vu+duo the other day. Originally just started using the original image, added my mediaguard Ci module with my tv vlaanderen smart card in one of the 2 CI slots, everything was working fine but now today I decided to try another image so installed the VIX 1.3 image, very pleased with everything, however, the vu+duo now no longer recognizes my ci module. I have tuned in all the channels and I can scroll through them but there's no sound or image! When I go to settings, system, CI, it only says slot 1 and it's no longer showing the tv vlaanderen ci module which used to be there..What do I need to do to get it back? Help!:confused:
Just fyi I am a total newbie to this and the vu+duo is not linked to the internet
Thanks

jackall66
09-01-11, 08:59
Well seems nobody here can help..I've installed the latest vu+duo image again and all works perfect again.No Vix image for me anymore!

Sicilian
09-01-11, 09:02
Which official image are you using?

Try removing the CI module.
Flash with ViX.
Go through setup.
Power off.
Insert module.
Power on and test.

silverfox0786
09-01-11, 09:28
Officail image 5.4 had a CI issue and that has been fixed in officail image 5.5 so i am guessing that must be what it is

VIX always used the latest image at the time of realease so when the new image for VIX is out it will have the latest image and latest fixes

sorry for the time being as VIX is using 5.4

Version 5.5 Image

This Release Includes:

Open Embedded
- Please take a look at git log

Driver update
- Fix HD playback problem(solo)
- Support audio lipsync control
- Memory usage optimization(solo)
- Fix high cpu usage in ts playback
- Fix audio lipsync control(minus value)
- remove v4l-vuplus.patch in the v4l-dvb-modules
- Clean and speed up the demux driver(should be used with new v4l-dvb-modules
driver)
- Speed up trick mode in ts playback
- Fix CI module recognition problem at bootup.
- Support high CI bitrate
- Support rf_switch proc interface

Larry-G
09-01-11, 09:36
agreed with silverfox, while i'm not a beta tester or privvy to the inner workings of VIX i do know that v1.3 was based on the official firmware v5.4 which in it self was buggy in some areas.
dont worry this will no doubt be rectified in the next version as i know andy is a perfectionist and wont let any thing out till he's happy with it.

jackall66
09-01-11, 20:10
Thanks guys,pleased to hear!It was a shame I had to uninstall Vix because I really liked it, will wait for the next version.Cheers