PDA

View Full Version : Home plug adaptors

spartans
25-09-16, 11:57
Hi everyone what speed of home plug adaptors is necessary for connecting a smart TV or Vu uno to my router and can 4 adaptors be used as two pairs without any conflicts Thank you

DaMacFunkin
25-09-16, 12:45
It depends what it is you want to stream... Do you want to stream high bit rate 4K content to your tv?
As for the configuration, why would you want them to work as 2 pairs and not a connected 4?
Setting up 2 pairs can be hard to do with some plugs.

spartans
25-09-16, 15:05
It depends what it is you want to stream... Do you want to stream high bit rate 4K content to your tv?
As for the configuration, why would you want them to work as 2 pairs and not a connected 4?
Setting up 2 pairs can be hard to do with some plugs.

Yes I want to stream HD content also I once had some com trend adaptors in a 3 to 1 set up and regularly got red lights showing as if it was a bottle neck . I would use 2 pairs from different manufacturers

twol
25-09-16, 16:42
It depends on how good your electrical system is for transfering the data:)
I have media streamers that stream blu-ray ripped dvd,s from Nas devices and powerplugs are not capable of handling this level of content (cat5e lan is the only answer).
However, 4K streamed from some of the current providers is probably OK as long as you don,t get any hiccups.
In my house, powerplugs just could not handle the fluctuating error rates, streaming a dvd would start OK, but at some point just break.

To be honest, running cat 5 cable in a UK house should in most cases be easy - here you have to take a big hammer drill to get through the concrete:)

Stanman
26-09-16, 18:29
You will be fine. I have a mix 200mb and 500mb all talk to each other and I can stream HD content between boxes as we as watch kodi HD until the frigging idiots screwed my connection up

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk