PDA

View Full Version : Factory reset??

ttt1892
08-01-11, 13:46
I have tried to do a factory reset of my duo. It just reboots with the image and settings I have installed.I`m trying to do this because my duo is has basically gone t*ts up. Nothing is working as it should.A certain topic not allowed for discussion here no longer works correctly.So I thought maybe it`s my router.But when I use the remote to say,change channel, the settings menu or something other than the channel comes up on screen. I`ve tried different images and I still have the same unstableness in the box. Does anyone know of something I can do to try and get my duo up and running again.
Thanx.
ttt.

Stanman
08-01-11, 20:58
If you are having the same issues with different images than its the box and not the software.

I would reinstall the image afresh rather than doing a factory reset.

Sicilian
09-01-11, 09:59
As stanman suggested, sometimes it quicker to start fresh and re-flash. Then once setup take a backup for future use.

ttt1892
09-01-11, 15:05
Thanx for the replies guys. I've tried that still the same problems. A factory reset is the last option I have.
ttt.

Sicilian
09-01-11, 15:08
Thanx for the replies guys. I've tried that still the same problems. A factory reset is the last option I have.
ttt.

Re-flashing will reset everything ;)

basilyoung
09-01-11, 15:17
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5352-Spinning-VIX-and-crashes

have a look at this short thread, I think it might help you

baz

ttt1892
09-01-11, 19:54
As I posted earlier, the main problem is to do with a topic not allowed here. That's why I thought the problem may be my router. Well I don't know if it's related but my pc went t#ts up today. So I'm now in the process of reinstalling windows. Another couple of hours and hopefully all my probs will be gone.
Thanx.
TTY.

Stanman
09-01-11, 20:05
if you can connect to the net and have CFG, little that could be at fault your end, assuming no changes done prior to the problem.

ttt1892
09-01-11, 20:12
Yeah I'm Connected to the net. So I agree probably not the pc.I'm doing a software update as suggested by Baz. I will let you know how I get on.
ttt.

ttt1892
09-01-11, 20:35
Well I tried software update. It's now stuck downloading "kernel-image-2.6.18-7.3". It's been like that for 20 minutes.
ttt.

silverfox0786
09-01-11, 20:37
dont worry it yook me 20mins too so just wait for it lol it will finish it

its a big file and possibly your internet speed has plumetted as its is peek time now