PDA

View Full Version : ET8500 with an e-motion TV

mcquaim
23-09-16, 22:05
Hi folks,

I was setting up the ET8500 for my mate this evening and I was having a complete mare with his TV.

The remote for the ET8500 was interfering with the TV, switching AV input, volume changing, loads of crap..

I thought HDMI CEC was enabled but it wasn't..

Is there any way to change the frequency the remote transmits?

Cheers!!

Sicilian
24-09-16, 06:11
Never come across this, what tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcquaim
24-09-16, 07:47
Never come across this, what tv?

Me either, really odd.

It is some TV he got in Aldi called e-motion, I never even heard of them before.. I was thinking last night that maybe if I programmed the remote to work with the TV and then hit the STB button it perhaps would stop it happening?

If it doesn't then I'm not sure what else to try?

twol
24-09-16, 08:10
Looks like Slovak company http://products.umc-slovakia.sk/
They actually appear to be pretty big producing TV's for some big Brands under the Brand name .. like Sharp, Blaupunkt.

Could perhaps find out more on their WEB site ref remotes??

or else cover up the IR detector on the TV?? :)

mcquaim
24-09-16, 08:16
Looks like Slovak company http://products.umc-slovakia.sk/
They actually appear to be pretty big producing TV's for some big Brands under the Brand name .. like Sharp, Blaupunkt.

Could perhaps find out more on their WEB site ref remotes??

or else cover up the IR detector on the TV?? :)

I was looking for info on their remote frequency etc. But couldn't find much..

He has a DVD player and a Kodi box connected to the TV too so to cover up the IR receiver wouldn't be an option either..

Sicilian
24-09-16, 09:14
Remote instructions here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45851-Xtrend-ET8500-How-to-program-universal-remote-to-control-TV

adm
24-09-16, 11:22
Its not the remote frequency but the codes transmitted on that frequency. Perhaps the box and TV share some of the same codes.

Was the remote controlling both the box and the TV at the same time? Sometimes its easy to press the TV button on the top of the remote and then afterwards the remote thinks its sending all commands only to the TV until the STB button is pressed again. The pressing of the TV and STB button is remembered by the remote and the STB or TV buttons illuminate to show the mode of operation

I was thinking last night that maybe if I programmed the remote to work with the TV and then hit the STB button it perhaps would stop it happening?

No, this will not help if the TV is decoding the IR transmission from the remote for the STB as a command of its own. You will not be changing the codes sent out when you press a button on the remote for the STB.

mcquaim
24-09-16, 11:46
Was the remote controlling both the box and the TV at the same time?

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

Yes, the remote was controlling the tv and the receiver at the same time alrite. I was thinking initially that the TV button was selected on the remote other than STB but when I pressed STB it still happened.

I was hoping by programming the remote to control the TV that hopefully it would then know the correct mapping but perhaps not.

Is there anything else to try without firing the TV out the window? :p

He is away for the day so I'll not be able to check stuff until he gets back..

Cheers

twol
24-09-16, 14:32
This is kind of far out (but I use it for all my kit :) TV,s, amps, receivers, Apple TV, dvd players, media players etc etc )
There is an app for iphone/ipad called SimpleControl that provides a limited free version or a paid app for upto 3 devices (you can do more but you pay more) that works by using the IP address of a device (in this case the Xtrend ET8500).
As said for this issue a little bit of overkill :) but solves the interference issue.