PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Satellite and Cable tuners

Yellow Ostrich
23-09-16, 20:23
Hi,

Sorry this might be a dumb question but I don't see any boxes with Multiple Cable tuners. Is there any particular reason for this or am I just not looking hard enough?

Thanks,

YO

abu baniaz
23-09-16, 20:42
same as why people have multiple satellite tuners, to be able to watch/record from more than one frequency/transponder

adm
23-09-16, 21:38
Hi,

Sorry this might be a dumb question but I don't see any boxes with Multiple Cable tuners. Is there any particular reason for this or am I just not looking hard enough?

Thanks,

YO

The tuners for many boxes are plug in so you can specify up to 4 tuners of the same type in the top end boxes or fewer tuners of the same type in lower specified boxes. If the sponsor doesn't offer the combination you want on the web page try phoning and asking for the price for multiple tuners of the type you want in the box of your choice. A good few people posting to these forums have multiple Hybrid tuner modules[1]. The sponsor (WOS) can fit the tuners and a hard disk of your choice and flash the image of your choice before shipping. You may be able to find the plug in tuners modules on the sponsors site so you could also buy an under populated box and fit them yourself.

[1] Cable tuners are incorporated in the Hybrid tuners T/T2/C Terrestrial SD/HD or cable in the same tuner module.

Yellow Ostrich
09-10-16, 17:12
Thanks,

I always buy my boxes from WOS since I got stung with a Vu solo 2 clone and bricked it!!.

I think I'd like either a Vu Solo 4k with dual sat and dual cable tuners or a Solo2/Duo. I am looking to upgrade my TV to UHD/4k, any thoughts on which box might be best, I want the best picture possible for the new TV.

Thanks again,

YO

DaMacFunkin
09-10-16, 18:32
Well you can't install cable tuners in a solo2, you would have to install via USB.
The solo4k is a good receiver but with there not being many high quality 4K channels about you should only get it if you need the fbc tuners or money is no object as it is garbage as a 4K media player.
duo2 is great, but if in the future loads of great unpaired or fta 4K channels come along...
Decisions decisions

Andy_Hazza
09-10-16, 20:25
Thanks,

I always buy my boxes from WOS since I got stung with a Vu solo 2 clone and bricked it!!.

I think I'd like either a Vu Solo 4k with dual sat and dual cable tuners or a Solo2/Duo. I am looking to upgrade my TV to UHD/4k, any thoughts on which box might be best, I want the best picture possible for the new TV.

Thanks again,

YO

The Vu+ Solo 4K gives a great picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk