PDA

View Full Version : Which cables to connet

geeing
23-09-16, 18:42
Hi All,

Daft question but I have replaced my SKY BOX with a TM-NANO-SE Plus.
Can anyone tell me where i need to connect both cables into the TM? I need to be able to record whilst watching a different channel.

Thanks
G

adm
23-09-16, 18:43
If you have two tuners connect both cables - one to each tuner input

geeing
23-09-16, 18:45
Hi Adm
on the back I have Tuner In, Tuner Out and LNB INPUT
I tried to connect cable to LNB INPUT and other to Tuner in but it failed to display anything

Sicilian
23-09-16, 19:01
Connections as you've posted. Have you actually set up tuners correctly and run a scan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adm
23-09-16, 19:32
Hi Adm
on the back I have Tuner In, Tuner Out and LNB INPUT
I tried to connect cable to LNB INPUT and other to Tuner in but it failed to display anything

Did you order an extra satellite tuner with the box?
If so I guess the fixed tuner input is labelled LNB input and the extra plug in tuner is labelled tuner in.

If you ordered an extra terrestrial tuner (TV via an aerial/(virgin) cable) this second tuner is unsuitable for satellite

If both tuners have F plug connectors (screw on) they are both satellite. A terrestrial tuner has different connectors (coax and push in)

Plug one cable from your Sky dish to your LNB input. And if you have a second satellite tuner the other cable to tuner input (Sky and Freesat can use the same dish/LNB because the FTA signals are the same and come from the same cluster of satellites.

Have you configured your satellite tuner on your box?
menu ->setup-> service searching -> tuner configuration -> tuner A
Try
Configuration mode = Simple
Mode = single
satellite = 28,2E Astra2E/2F/2G
Send DisSEqc = no

Press green button on remote to save

Repeat for your second satellite tuner

then
menu ->setup-> service searching -> AutobouquetsMarker -> Providers
FreeSat UK = yes
Freesat UK area = set your region or something like England HD/london
Freesaat UK FTA only = yes
Freesat UK generate main bouquet = yes
the rest set to your own preference

menu ->setup-> service searching -> AutobouquetsMarker -> Start Scan and scan for channels

maybe also
Menu -> Setup -> System - EPG -> Graphical EPG settings -> Show bouquets on launch = yes

Once you have something working you can refine your menu settings etc.

geeing
23-09-16, 20:26
Thanks guys, I'll go through this over the weekend.. have a good one

geeing
24-09-16, 09:15
Thanks adm, great clear instructions... works a treat.. now... can I put KODI on this wee box?

Andy_Hazza
24-09-16, 09:18
Thanks adm, great clear instructions... works a treat.. now... can I put KODI on this wee box?

The full Kodi is only available for the Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo SE v2, Vu+ Solo2 & Vu+ Solo4K. In your case you are best getting an Amazon Fire TV Box or Stick for that.

Sicilian
24-09-16, 09:21
The full Kodi is only available for the Vu+ Duo2, Vu+ Solo SE v2, Vu+ Solo2 & Vu+ Solo4K. In your case you are best getting an Amazon Fire TV Box or Stick for that.

Theres more to Kodi world than Amazon Fire tv :rolleyes:.... Look at this http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/media-players-and-streaming/Android-MultiMedia-Players/venztech/Venz-Tech-v10-Android-5-1-1-kodi-media-streamer-with-full-4K-support and these http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/media-players-and-streaming/Android-MultiMedia-Players/wetek

Andy_Hazza
24-09-16, 09:23
I was just looking on WoS for some links but you've beaten me to it. Sorry.

geeing
24-09-16, 09:23
Thanks guys, i've already got a variety of boxes but I've not been too impressed with the quality that they push out. Ideally I'd like to have my Sat Box setup with KODI, removes clutter :) so I may just treat myself to a VU+ DUO2:)

Sicilian
24-09-16, 09:31
Thanks guys, i've already got a variety of boxes but I've not been too impressed with the quality that they push out. Ideally I'd like to have my Sat Box setup with KODI, removes clutter :) so I may just treat myself to a VU+ DUO2:)

The Venz V10 awesome little box, Android 6 coming soon for it.