PDA

View Full Version : C Tuner Issues - New Giga Quad+

sensui619
22-09-16, 22:16
Hi

Just got my new giga quad+ box yesterday and got it all setup with sly and vm.

Switched it on right now and can see all VM chans are greyed out with tuner errors. Sly is working fine.

NetID 12

Is this common as i recall experiencing simular issues with the last giga ue800+ i purchased few years ago which i managed to sort out.

Seems to be only openvix images that have c tuner issues.

my Amiko Cable box works fine on the same cable.

sensui619
22-09-16, 23:09
Cable Freq for my area is - 12, 6887 643.000

This is the details for my area which always work and currently works with the amiko.

It now says my tuner ant configured right when it is as nothing has changed.

tiggerbiker
23-09-16, 08:44
try flashing VIX 3 2 015 and see what happens.

i have a GBquad+ with older version DVBC tuners and it works on all vix versions, however, my GBquad is fitted with newer version tuners and the last version of vix that works with them is 3.2.015 - anything newer than that and my tuners wont work

Hannaman
23-09-16, 12:06
I've been having the same problem sensui619 can I ask did you revert back to that build and did it sort he problem? Been reading other posts about this problem seems it might be a driver problem?

tiggerbiker
23-09-16, 13:07
I've been having the same problem sensui619 can I ask did you revert back to that build and did it sort he problem? Been reading other posts about this problem seems it might be a driver problem?

yes, i reverted back to 3.2.015 and all works fine

Hannaman
23-09-16, 20:24
sweet iv done the same but now i cant pick up any wireless networks my box was setup over wifi, any ideas why this could be?

abu baniaz
23-09-16, 20:46
the Wi-Fi drivers have only been included by default recently. only very few had them included. You will have to install the drivers.

Hannaman
23-09-16, 20:54
Thanks Abu is there any way to install them without internet connection I don't have a long enough Ethernet cable to reach the box?

sensui619
23-09-16, 20:59
I just purchased this from wos 2 days ago so the latest pre flashed.

Annoying i shall get my usb out.

Thats 2 gigablue i have got in my time and both not straight forward. I shall change my opinion and suggest miricalbox to be the best.

Hannaman
23-09-16, 21:10
iv just reverted back to 4 1 001 and its sorted it mostly iv got a few c tuner channels still not working but its like they need fine tuned as they are trying to come through can anyone tell me if they can be fine tuned or is there such a thing as a booster for virgin?

Hannaman
23-09-16, 21:11
I think this will be my last gigablue too this weeks been really frustrating trying to sort this.

sensui619
23-09-16, 21:18
I shall prolly go to openatv before i revert to old vix build. Openatv never lets me down on any of my previous e2 boxes.

I shall report back. Its a darn shame really as these vix images do smash it with features and how fast the box loads. Luv the vix blue skin too.

Please fix this and have more focus on dev and testing.

Maybe have people test in pure and non pure areas.

Hannaman
23-09-16, 21:26
Yes mate let me know how you get on with the other images i love vix myself but if i need another image to sort this well need must. cheers!

Sicilian
24-09-16, 07:30
Without debug logs there's very little we can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sensui619
24-09-16, 10:45
I'll just try the previous vix image for now if it don't work ill provide debug logs.

Strange thing i forgot to mention it finds the cable signal when you do the 'finder' feature so it's definitely something buggy with the image.

Grabbing a previous image nw

sensui619
24-09-16, 11:33
installed OpenVix 4.1.001 and voila c tuner now working.

Installed and activate OpenVix Blue theme and now every time i go to about or network under information box crashes. Ahhhhh...

Guna power off/on

sensui619
24-09-16, 12:12
Tuner issues fixed using OpenVix 4.1.001 Image

abu baniaz
24-09-16, 15:50
How is that a fix? It just means whatever the problem is, it is not present on that image.

Debug logs would help.

Exact steps to scan would help

Which area you are in. ( Pure NTL, ex CW, Telewest.)

model number of tuner.

If problem is with drivers, Gigablue will need details to fix issue.

If problem is with Image, we also need details.

DVB-C is not easy as everyone's setup is different. It is not ideal.

sensui619
24-09-16, 17:08
Sorry i never meant to say it like that lol.

Just reiterated my personal box issues being fixed by using a older image.

Just posted a log file regarding the about menu crashing on a seperate thread.

PS. I am ina Pure NTL area just got my gigablue 2 days ago so i guess it's the lastest tuner. I wont be able to access tuner info as about menu crashes.

abu baniaz
26-09-16, 04:57
I have a funny feeling we are using a rounded value for the scan frequency in ABM and the Gigablues do not like it. Cable is difficult to deal with because we have in essence three separate systems in the UK.

Can someone with a working Gigablue in the affected areas do the following please:
1. Use this script
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-unlisted-areas-required-(UK)

2. Use this script
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51778-Script-to-generate-cables-xml

3. Upload your lamedb files. lamedb and lamedb5. You will find them in etc/enigma2. You will need to zip before you can attach

Can someone with a non-working Gigablue in the affected areas do the following please:
1. enable debug logs
2. Specify exactly what scan settings are being used
3. Attach debug log so we can see where the failure is.
3. If running ABM, upload debug log too.