PDA

View Full Version : Filezilla

Yorky1
19-09-16, 15:18
What is the filezilla password for a VU+solo2?

I've just updated to the latest Vix 4.2.005 from 4.1.16 and i cannot connect to my box with filezilla. Ive checked the host ip address which is correct and the user name is root. I've tried the generic vuplus (which i used for my old vuduo) but i get the the error message - "Connection attempt failed with "10107"". I've tried other passwords such as vuplussolo, vuplussolo2, solo2 etc but i cannot connect.

Is there a setting on the box which should be changed to allow access via filezilla?
Is it a problem with Vix 4.2.05?

yorky1

Larry-G
19-09-16, 15:20
There is no password set in ViX by default. Although some ftp programmes still require one in that case any password should work. Or just set your own password first.

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 15:20
no problem with filezilla here.

Have you tried rebooting router and receiver?
Can you ping the box?

Yorky1
19-09-16, 15:27
no problem with filezilla here.

Have you tried rebooting router and receiver?
Can you ping the box?

Can't contact the box and it does not show up in the W10 network settings on my computer. I've run through the network setting on the box and the wizard tells me it is connected to the internet. I have rebooted the solo2, the router and my computer and still no joy. I'm beginning to think it is a setting in Vix which needs changing but i have no idea which.

any clues?

yorky1

john doe
19-09-16, 15:31
try username: root password dreambox

Yorky1
19-09-16, 15:32
try username: root password dreambox

Tried that and also leaving the password blank still no joy

yorky1

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 15:33
There is no setting in the image that needs enabling. I thought you said you had confirmed IP address was correct, so how come you cannot connect to it?
Confirmation is checking the IP address on the receiver and making sure that is what is being used in Filezilla. Can you double check the IP address on the receiver please?

Can you confirm if you replaced any files on the receiver after flashing it?

Yorky1
19-09-16, 15:40
There is no setting in the image that needs enabling. I thought you said you had confirmed IP address was correct, so how come you cannot connect to it?
Confirmation is checking the IP address on the receiver and making sure that is what is being used in Filezilla. Can you double check the IP address on the receiver please?

Can you confirm if you replaced any files on the receiver after flashing it?

I don't know why i cannot connect the ip address i am using is the same as displayed on my box that i have always used. After reflashing i did a scan and also downloaded a softcam ready to use. Yesterday i had a large windows 10 update do you think it could be windows defender blocking access?

yorky1

Yorky1
19-09-16, 15:43
I don't know why i cannot connect the ip address i am using is the same as displayed on my box that i have always used. After reflashing i did a scan and also downloaded a softcam ready to use. Yesterday i had a large windows 10 update do you think it could be windows defender blocking access?

yorky1

Just rechecked with defender turned off still the same

yorky1

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 16:03
What you used to use is irrelevant. Your answer is unclear. Please answer the following question:
Is the IP address you are using in Filezilla exactly the same as what is currently being shown on the receiver?

It would also help if you can post a picture of your adapter settings page.

Yorky1
19-09-16, 16:19
What you used to use is irrelevant. Your answer is unclear. Please answer the following question:
Is the IP address you are using in Filezilla exactly the same as what is currently being shown on the receiver?

It would also help if you can post a picture of your adapter settings page.

The receiver show the IP address as 192.168.1.9 and that is exactly the same as i am using in filezilla but when attempting to connect i get the error message - Connection attempt failed with "10107".

The adapter setting are as follows:

IP. 192.168.1.9

Network. 255.255.255.0

Bytes Rec. 927955
Bytes sent. 43338

Hostname. Vusolo2

Network. Lan connection
Link. shows a green light

yorky1

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 16:31
what happens when you try to ping it on the command prompt of your PC?

Just in case you need it.
type "cmd" in search bar
then "ping 192.168.1.9"

Yorky1
19-09-16, 16:44
what happens when you try to ping it on the command prompt of your PC?

Just in case you need it.
type "cmd" in search bar
then "ping 192.168.1.9"

It appears to be connecting showing packets sent 4, packets received 4 and a round trip time 4ms

Don't know how to send the cmd screen. Tried print screen but that dosn't work.

yorky1

ccs
19-09-16, 16:48
... have you another pc you could try?

Or maybe try to execute 'netsh winsock reset' from a command prompt run as administrator.

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 16:54
It appears to be connecting showing packets sent 4, packets received 4 and a round trip time 4ms

Don't know how to send the cmd screen. Tried print screen but that dosn't work.

yorky1
No need for screenshot if it is connecting.

Yorky1
19-09-16, 17:03
Right, just loaded Filezilla on my wife's laptop and its connected no problems so it appears to be a problem with my computer, which i don't know how to sort out. But anyway the problem appears to be sorted at the moment. Thanks to you all who helped especially abu.

yorky1

ccs
19-09-16, 17:06
You may have missed this edited post....

... have you another pc you could try?

Or maybe try to execute 'netsh winsock reset' from a command prompt run as administrator.

Yorky1
19-09-16, 19:02
You may have missed this edited post....

Tried running the cmd but it asks for admin privileges. I am set up on the computer as the administrator. What else
do I need to do?

yorky1

Ashley69
19-09-16, 19:51
Try right clicking on FileZilla and choose run as administrator.

ccs
19-09-16, 19:57
Try right clicking on FileZilla and choose run as administrator.It's the windows dos/command prompt which needs to be run as administrator, or maybe I don't understand what FileZilla is used for.

john doe
19-09-16, 20:01
what version of windows do you have? windows 10 tends to play up, and can be fixed by going into file site manager and seting up from there using unsecure as the setting

racer66ni
19-09-16, 20:33
Hi Yorky1 i had the same problem yesturday and discovered these settings for filezilla ftp client worked the host is the ip of box, username root, password removed by moderator

Hope this works for you.

Racer66ni
:cool::cool:

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 20:39
There is no password on openvix images. Any password will work if your FTP client requires it. Filezilla does not require it.

Please don't post passwords that clone images use.

Yorky1
19-09-16, 21:27
what version of windows do you have? windows 10 tends to play up, and can be fixed by going into file site manager and seting up from there using unsecure as the setting

I am using W10 how do i access file site manager? i've run a search with no results.

yorky1

ccs
19-09-16, 21:30
... I think that's a FileZilla option.

cactikid
19-09-16, 22:54
by any chance did you leave filezilla client open and keep trying to log in and not connect,i had that issue rebooted box and router but had to close ftp and start it up afresh then it connected,if on small screen with bad eyesight , and . play havoc:)

Yorky1
20-09-16, 09:50
by any chance did you leave filezilla client open and keep trying to log in and not connect,i had that issue rebooted box and router but had to close ftp and start it up afresh then it connected,if on small screen with bad eyesight , and . play havoc:)

I've rebooted computer, router and my solo2, I've also deleted my existing copy and downloaded the latest version of filezilla and still I cannot connect to my solo2. My wife's laptop conected to my solo2 at the first attempt so i am confident the problem lies with my computer but I don't know enough to tackle that problem

yorky1

ccs
20-09-16, 09:56
Have you tried running netsh winsock reset from a command prompt (run as administrator) on your pc?

Search for "command prompt" on your pc, right click on it and select "run as administrator".

Then type in netsh winsock reset

Yorky1
20-09-16, 10:15
Have you tried running netsh winsock reset from a command prompt (run as administrator) on your pc?

Search for "command prompt" on your pc, right click on it and select "run as administrator".

Then type in netsh winsock reset

You're a star ccs. :thumbsup:

After running the command prompt as the administrator the problem is now solved and i can now connect to my solo2 from both computers.

Thanks also to everyone else who took the time to offer their advice.

yorky1