PDA

View Full Version : Which Quad tuner box ?

satnut2
18-09-16, 21:54
Thinking of upgrading my Solo2 to a quad tuner unit , regularly getting timer clashes now due to the volume of stuff which gets recorded at the same time

Think life would be easier with more tuners

Thinking of the gigablue quad plus or the Xtrend ET8500

Can anyone recommend one ? will they always be supported on this forum ?

Is there any other quad tuner boxes I should be looking at ?

Huevos
18-09-16, 22:48
ET8500 will be supported by the forum and OpenViX for the foreseeable future.

Solo2 is a really nice box. Have you considered buying a USB tuner?

WoS do the Sundtek.

DaMacFunkin
19-09-16, 08:46
I didn't know WoS did the Sundtek USB DVB-S2 tuner, only the DVB-C/T2...
Anyway, I own the S2 sundtek, and there are problems running ABM making it hard to incorporate, I no longer use it.

Huevos
19-09-16, 12:36
I didn't know WoS did the Sundtek USB DVB-S2 tuner, only the DVB-C/T2...
Anyway, I own the S2 sundtek, and there are problems running ABM making it hard to incorporate, I no longer use it.Got S2 and T2 Sundtek models here and same problem with Solo2 even when using the internal tuners. Once the Sundtek it loaded I start to get tuner lock failed messages in ABM. Needs sorting out either by Sundtek or Vu.

Joshuapotter98
19-09-16, 14:24
Have you looked a Mut@nt 2400?

Andy_Hazza
19-09-16, 14:25
Will be hard to get hold of the Mut@nt HD2400 now. Newer models are on the horizon, to cater for 4K etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshuapotter98
19-09-16, 14:27
Why will it be harder to get hold off? Surely wos can get them in stock ?

Andy_Hazza
19-09-16, 15:03
They haven't had any in a while, and like many things in life, new replaces old n so on.

Andy_Hazza
19-09-16, 15:05
Mut@nt HD51 & Mut@nt HD52 are the new models coming. They are both 4K. The HD51 being the budget range of the two.

Stanman
19-09-16, 18:25
There is also the DUO2, internal us always better than usb imho as no faffing around with drivers on image /kernel updates.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

satnut2
19-09-16, 19:46
Thanks for all the comments guys , I hadnt considered USB tuners to be honest , will have a look into them but want an easy life with no hassles

Solo2's still fetch good money on ebay so may well flog mine and go for a quad tuner

Any new quad tuner boxes coming out in the next few weeks worth holding off for ?

Any ex solo2 owners who have moved onto the Gigablue or XTrend that can comment ?

The other thing is which remote controls are nicer Gigablue or Xtrend ? , do any of the buttons audibly click ? which would drive me nuts

satnut2
19-09-16, 19:49
There is also the DUO2, internal us always better than usb imho as no faffing around with drivers on image /kernel updates.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Is the Duo 2 worth the price tag compared with the Gigablue or the Xtrend ?