PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo Remote won't work after update

jeffp
18-09-16, 11:51
First post
I updated my VU+ Duo from Vix 1.3 to a new version of Vix 4.0 or 3.2 etc, after doing this the remote control wont work with the box. I have gone back to 1.3 and it works fine..

Any ideas as my EPG has stopped updating so I do need to update

It is a very early original VU+ Box
Thanks...

Ashley69
18-09-16, 12:41
Probably your remote code. Going to remote control settings on the box and check what number it is. It's rather 1.2.3 or 4.
Make a note of number.
Then flash new image. Then use openwebif on a pc and use the remote on web page to go into box settings and check its the same remote code and change if not.

jeffp
18-09-16, 15:12
Probably your remote code. Going to remote control settings on the box and check what number it is. It's rather 1.2.3 or 4.
Make a note of number.
Then flash new image. Then use openwebif on a pc and use the remote on web page to go into box settings and check its the same remote code and change if not.

Thanks so much for the advice

I will try that right now. I cant see the remote code/version on 1.3 but I will try all 4 if I can see it on later version
Thanks again
Jeff...

jeffp
18-09-16, 16:55
Thanks but I cant find how to change the remote code, I have tried the 7+2 0001 etc but that seems to do nothing
???

Ashley69
18-09-16, 17:26
Have you used the remote on the openwebif page to go into the menu on the box. Menu/setup/system/remote control code?

jeffp
18-09-16, 17:50
Thanks! I will flash the image again and try that.. I could not find that before so fingers crossed..

No I don't have the remote option under system

Again thanks for all the help!!

jeffp
19-09-16, 20:53
Yes that is exactly what I did but the option "remote control code" was not there om any of the versions of Vix I flashed. I wonder if its the fact that it is a very old box (one of the first ones with the black remote) that does not have that option available? The remote is around 2 years old as the original one wore out but it is a Vu+ one and not a universal remote..

Bit stuck.. I don't mind Vix 1. but it has got out of date and the epg no longer function.. Outdated links I guess

Thanks for all the helpful advice
Jeff...

cactikid
19-09-16, 22:42
i dont see why the epg should not work on an old image,opencross when setup on a daily download early in the morning to external usb or internal hdd.

jeffp
26-09-16, 17:44
Just got a new style remote which I programmed to 0001 and this works fine now, so it was the old style remote which does not work with the new vix

Thanks again for all your help
Jeff