PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] CrossEPG memory issue

gadget-man
16-09-16, 19:08
For some time I was wondering why my free memory would be going lower and lower each day.

I recently done a fresh install of openvix 4.2 and noticed my memory never went lower any more, but then I realized in CrossEPG - OpenTV providers I had forgot to select Sky UK OpenTV. Once this was selected my memory is back to going lower and lower again each day.

i actually verified this by making a note of the free memory and then selecting download now in CrossEPG and once done my memory drops a lot.

I thought maybe in the EPG settings the location was set to internal flash but it's not, it's set to /media/hdd which is my USB pen drive.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better alternative to CrossEPG.

My box is the Edision OS Mini running OpenVix 4.2.005

Thanks

abu baniaz
16-09-16, 19:53
EPG is held in RAM. It is written/loaded to the storage device at shutdown/startup.

cactikid
16-09-16, 22:44
when you did a fresh install of image would you reformat usb and initialize it again ext 3 -4.good quality usb stick is it?

gadget-man
17-09-16, 08:27
Ok thanks for the info both, I did not know it was held in ram first.

When I did the fresh install of the image I did not reformat the USB pen drive. But recordings are fine though.

It's a Sandisk 128gb USB 2.0 drive.

Cheers.

Andy_Hazza
17-09-16, 08:30
You are storing your epg data to your 128gb usb yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gadget-man
17-09-16, 15:51
I believe I am yes, it's set to /media/hdd and if I ftp into the box I can see the file on the pen drive.