PDA

View Full Version : Virgin IE - EPG Source

cdrf
16-09-16, 11:15
Hi Guys
Done some reading on this before posting and i can't seem to find an answer
Basically, using OpenVix 4.1 on a Vu+ Duo2 with a cable tuner - looking to get the EPG data for more than 24 hours
I looked at the EPGImporter but it only lists Virgin UK as a provider
Whenever I power on my pvr it seems to just download the EPG for that day itself, I don't have to do anything
I've seen people mention setting up a timer to do this each day, but it would be great to get EPG data for a few days in advance

I'm guessing it's not possible as Virgin IE isn't listed as one of the sources

Thanks

DaMacFunkin
16-09-16, 11:20
You should have a channel listed in 'all channels' called pvr_epg, tune to that for say 5 minutes a day or set the epg refresh plug in to do it for you.
(I'm presuming VM Ireland uses the pvr_epg channel here.)

cdrf
16-09-16, 12:25
Thanks for the reply, was looking at similar just creating a power timer to turn on the box but it will still only just grab the EPG for that day
I'm looking to get a day or two in advance so I can record something.

gibbletts
16-09-16, 15:11
I don't know why you're only getting 24 hours I have a duo 2 also and just set a timer to record 5 mins every day and it populates the whole week must be something specific to virgin ireland

Bangord30
16-09-16, 17:55
I think it is that gibblets

duoduo
16-09-16, 19:31
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm not seeing a channel called pvr_epg? I set mine to VM previews but don't think this has been working correctly?

duoduo
16-09-16, 19:33
OK found it and set it, hopefully will now work for me. Thanks for the heads up

cactikid
16-09-16, 22:38
went through my listings on et 10000 no pvr here either.

abu baniaz
16-09-16, 22:50
it should be the customer information channel for people in RoI

DaMacFunkin
17-09-16, 06:45
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm not seeing a channel called pvr_epg? I set mine to VM previews but don't think this has been working correctly?

You can and should be able to use VM previews as well, i prefer pvr_epg as it is not encrypted and as such doesn't hammer the card.

cdrf
18-09-16, 20:07
it should be the customer information channel for people in RoI

Thanks for all the replies
Set a recording for 10mins on the customer channel but still only getting epg data till midnight.

I'm not in one of those "pure" areas you mentioned before. IE my line uses a legacy netid, wonder is that why

abu baniaz
20-10-16, 22:37
Doglover who looks after the Rytec EPG has merged the UK and RoI DVB-C EPG data. If you can provide him the missing/wrong channel names and service references, he will sort it out for you.