PDA

View Full Version : How can I update Vix image without loosing previous settings it wipes everyting ?

ALIEN1X
16-09-16, 09:20
I have ET8500, How do flash with latest Vix update image without wiping everything out when flashed?
It means going through set up again and scanning all DVBT 3 tunners again?

ccs
16-09-16, 09:23
....which image are you currently on?

wullboy
16-09-16, 10:23
Back up settins & plugins to a usb stick, reflash, then reinstall your setting & plugins..

danlou
16-09-16, 11:32
when going to major step releases e.g. from 4.1 to 4.2 then my understanding is that you have to reflash and reset your configurations (timers, cams) etc. all over again. It's not ideal but only takes about 30 minutes once your used to doing it regularly.
All you have to remember is
1. reflash
2. set up preferred skin & adjust screen position
3. download softcam plugins & configure accordingly
4. run ABM
5. set up EPG
6. Any storage devices
6. Enjoy! :)

ALIEN1X
13-10-16, 21:35
Many thanks, I will try as advised. Sorry for the late response and reply.

DaMacFunkin
14-10-16, 10:10
The steps outlined previous don't involve setting up your tuners, ABM and crossepg will not normally run if your tuners are not set up.
and you should set up storage devices before EPG otherwise you may end up storing EPG in flash (not recomended).
Oh, and if you store picons in flash they will be wiped by a fresh flash as well.

DazzaC
17-12-16, 11:44
Xtrend et8500..
Openxta..
Mobile phone or tablet...
e2remotepro app...

1. open app
2. check profile connection ok
3. open tools icon
4. open Package Manager in tools list. "indicates all, installed & new packages"
5. Press Packagelists update. "This will add packages to the new list, if applicable.
6. Review New list "Press package in the all lists to review package information"
7. Press Upgrade.
8. Press yes/no "Decision required"

I have used this method for a few weeks, so still monitoring and have not encountered any issues to date. All package updates seems to work fine using my set up and image without the need to reflash, reinstall etc. Hopefully, it may be the same for an alternative set up and images but please ask further in the forum to gain confidence.

Hope this helps. Please give feedback if possible...