PDA

View Full Version : Missed recording caused crash needing reboot

Der_Andy_C
08-01-11, 00:26
Hi,

I've tried searching the forum for missed recording or blank recording, but haven't found anything hence a new post. sorry if i'm repeating!

I have a Vu+ duo, currently running with one sat feed until I get out and put the 2nd cable in. I have two LNBs pointed at 28.2 and 19.2 running through a 4-port diseqc switch (2 ports of which aren't connected) I had set up some recordings tonight on different channels, however as there was one channel switch at 11pm i edited the times to get rid of the pre and post extensions so they wouldn't be overlapping.
The first program recorded fine, and i started watching it from the HDD before the end assuming at 11 it would switch channels and carry on recording.

at 1130 i tried to open the recording of the second program (different channels, same sat) and there was nothing there. the .ts file was empty, and I could no longer watch any channel, including the one that was supposed to be recording. The REC logo was flashing in the info bar on the TV when i pressed OK, but the screen on the duo only showed the play triangle and not rec.

i rebooted the duo from the web interface, got a green screen and carried on and when it had restarted it was fine - automatically started recording the program and allowed me to watch other channels on that transponder. It seems to be fine now, but i'm not sure what caused it to crash. when it was crashed the dB & SNR were jumping between 0 and 33%, with the AGC in the 90s. after reboot the SNR was back up about 65%

i've just looked at my tuner setup and both are configured as 4-port diseqc with 3 and 4 empty (i had been playing around after reading the thread about the blank recording unless the duo was on the channel to be recorded) - i guess this is why it was blank, but would simply having nothing connected to tuner b be enough to make it crash when it tried to access it?

:confused:

Thanks in advance !

Andy

z1signal
08-01-11, 10:56
the problem was caused by you watching the program before it had finished recording... then as you were still watching the VU tried to change channels, however the VU decided that "NO FREE TUNER" was available to record your second program ( tuner was still tied to your first recording! ) so it was not recorded.... when you rebooted the tuner was now available and so recording started.
Its kind of a bug but not crucial so I doubt whether it will be fixed anytime soon.

z1