PDA

View Full Version : Is my box broken

mickdooler
13-09-16, 03:44
Heres the scenario:mad:,
Had this box for a few days under a year now, and have been really pleased with it.
but small problems have now started to emerge.
I have been running on openatv, perfectly for all this time, but heres what is happening now.
If im on any channel for more than 10 mins I cant change to another.
If im in a menu for a couple of minutes, i cand exit.
if I do manage to change channel after 10 mins, all i get is a black screen. no pick or sound.
Funny thing is, I have now tried to flash the box with 3 differnt images.
First tried the latest Openatv - flashed great, only set up tuner, wifi, autobouquets. startred fine lasted 10 mins and same issue.
Tried Openpli - again flashed great, only set up tuner and wifi this time, lasted 10 mins and same issue.
Tried Openvix - same setup agian, same result.
then tried a backup image, robijay version, lasted 15 mins! wohoo
Went back to a fresh OpenAtv - basic setup, tried with 3 different wifi adapters, and 3 different flash drives, all branded all diff size, 4gig, 16gig and 32gig.
Can I safely say that this box is failing? and as its a few days under 12 month old, is it worth a waranty claim? (bought through W O S)
I dont think its a tuner problem, as when the chanel is on there are no issues with playback.

Willmoore
13-09-16, 07:24
Are you sure it's your box and not your remote - batteries ?
Also, when you say at times you get no picture or sound is this on FTA channels ?

Trial
13-09-16, 08:06
Hi,
try once without WiFi. ABM cannot disturb operation after it was started once WiFi can. So try perhaps without WiFi. Perhaps you can attach it to a network cable for basic setup.

ciao

mickdooler
13-09-16, 11:43
Thanks for your response, it happens on FTA channels. And positive it's not remote, as batteries are new and works fine on reciever in bedroom.

mickdooler
13-09-16, 11:46
I'm also positive it's not wifi, as it still happens with no network being used, not needed for free view.

Trial
13-09-16, 11:50
Hi,
WiFi also not installed? Sometimes installation alone is enough to disturb.

ciao

mickdooler
13-09-16, 12:02
It's the same if wifi is used or not, after 10 mins.
The box freezes (stuck on whatever service I am currently using, if it's on a tv channel playback is still on just can't use any other function)
Can't enter or exit any menu, can't zap to another channel.

Mr. Mister
13-09-16, 14:22
Why not just fresh flash your Zero..
Fresh flash usually cures everything..

cactikid
13-09-16, 22:33
i presume every time box was flashed it was set up from scratch and no settings restore?any strange wifi in the room or energy saving devices thinking reading of issues when fitted into a room with them?