PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-C] Netid incorrect? 40979 - SID not found in PAT

amar504
11-09-16, 13:02
Just doing some troubleshooting, had an enigma image, switched to Vix and the problem is still happening.

I moved from up north to down south, changed netid to relevant area (40979). As soon as I did that, channel lists are being updated fine but picture shows.

Have re-scanned and rebooted etc but am not getting pictures, SNR shows signal is being received.

Many things point to the NetID being incorrect for my area which is strange as 40979 is geographically correct. Does anyone know if there are alternatives for the 40979 area ?

Am getting the SID not found in PAT error.

grantdavey91
11-09-16, 15:01
Are you using ABM for net id?

In tuner config, leave net id as 00000

Then go to AutoBouquetsMaker, Configure, Setup Mode Expert

Then go to Providers, Select Yes for cable , for area input your net id 40979 (assuming that is the correct net id for your area - Croydon?), press green for OK

then scroll down (still in ABM) and select Start Scan

amar504
12-09-16, 13:37
Hi yes, as far as I know it's only ABM i've changed netid for. Will try again tonight following the above and report back. Thanks!

grantdavey91
12-09-16, 14:22
Hi yes, as far as I know it's only ABM i've changed netid for. Will try again tonight following the above and report back. Thanks!

no probs, in tuner config if you're setting up for cable, just make sure before you try the scan that netid is left 00000; and in ABM select the correct net id

you may also want to check the signal finder to make sure you're getting a signal in from the feed

amar504
12-09-16, 14:55
Cool, will check the signal finder also

Also just to add, I'm now in the TW3 area which has the netId of 40979. That ID is applicable to the area I live in but also all neighbouring areas. Was wondering if there may have been a change in netids and perhaps I'm reading an old one?

When I did the scan, the channels came up just no picture. When I do a manual scan channels seem to work but when abm runs automatically, it stops working again. Hope that makes sense.

Either way, will try your suggestions tonight !

grantdavey91
12-09-16, 15:35
Cool, will check the signal finder also

Also just to add, I'm now in the TW3 area which has the netId of 40979. That ID is applicable to the area I live in but also all neighbouring areas. Was wondering if there may have been a change in netids and perhaps I'm reading an old one?

When I did the scan, the channels came up just no picture. When I do a manual scan channels seem to work but when abm runs automatically, it stops working again. Hope that makes sense.

Either way, will try your suggestions tonight !

okay no worries, yes hounslow is 40979, and croydon is the same

if the channels are scanning in and you have a signal but no picture have you made sure you have the card fully inserted into the receiver and have cam/ci slot running?

amar504
13-09-16, 19:46
Cards are ok,

Just tried Automatic Scan (not ABM) and it runs and picks up all the channels and also shows them fine. Once ABM runs, the picture just doesn't show and I get the SID not found in PAT error. For now I've disabled ABM to auto schedule. I'm so stumped here. It's funny as this issue was happening with my previous image once I moved to this area.

abu baniaz
13-09-16, 19:48
Then you are using the wrong NetID.

The NetID is correct, but not for the area you are in.

amar504
13-09-16, 22:54
Then you are using the wrong NetID.

The NetID is correct, but not for the area you are in.

That's what I've been told by someone offline, I've tried neighbouring netids and also netids for the south of england but no joy! From what I'm reading TW3 is definitely 40979 :confused:

abu baniaz
13-09-16, 22:57
You have two options:
Check the NetID from official receiver.
Go through all the NetIDs in ABM one by one.

amar504
18-09-16, 16:21
Thanks Abu and Grant , it was the wrong netid, incase anyone has this problem in the future it was 40980