PDA

View Full Version : windows log on problem

notanotherone
07-01-11, 20:38
am trying to do a fresh format for a friend it wont let me get passed "Log on to Windows" as we dont know or hes forgot the password is there anyway to disable this ?its windows xp proffesional oir any way to get round it ?

silverfox0786
07-01-11, 20:40
well not sure if i can post how to do it mate but there is a way

bassethound
07-01-11, 21:12
If you are doing a fresh windows xp installation you dont need any password

put your windows xp disc in the drive re-boot go into the bios change first boot device to cd/dvd rom save and restart

when promoted boot from xp disk

notanotherone
08-01-11, 10:59
ok managed to get round this found that the disc he gave me was non bootable done one myself and have fresh copy of xp on it,

now next problem

its a dell inspiron 9400 and i cant get the wifi to turn on ,ive been in bios and its all enabled usualy its fn+f2 for it to switch on ,not in this case im having to use an ethernet at the moment any other ideas??

Larry-G
08-01-11, 11:03
it's likely you dont have the drivers installed for it. have you done a windows update ?

Stanman
08-01-11, 21:06
Check in device manager if there are any yellow exclamation marks, if so that could be the wireless driver.

Sicilian
09-01-11, 09:57
well not sure if i can post how to do it mate but there is a way

Would be fine if its ever needed again ;)

Did you get it all going Nao?

silverfox0786
09-01-11, 10:03
Do you guys need me to explainit then as sic has aproved or it all good now

Larry-G
09-01-11, 10:08
Do you guys need me to explainit then as sic has aproved or it all good now

all knowledge is useful so go ahead as it may help some one who needs it one day.

notanotherone
09-01-11, 16:56
ok i found out how to get round password problem this is what you do

f2 gets you into bios
you find what you are looking for in my case it was passwords
you tab to it and click on it ,it then says that a password has been set for this and you cant do anything ,so you set a new password then log off having saved all your stuff,then log back in again f2 then you do the same ,find passwords then you tab into it and this time as you have set a new one you can do what you want so in my case i wanted to delete it all you do is ,it asks for your password you hit enter and then enter again and password is disabled then you can go to systems password and delete that also ............simples

sivhead
11-01-11, 09:54
F2 is the BIOS password and power on password. This has nothing to do with the password for windowsXP. If you have a pc and need to reset the local administrator password, there are tools available to this. Micr$ofts official tool is cool MSDART, Micro$ofts Diagnostic and Recovery Toolset. You boot up from CD select the option reset admin password and reset the password. Is that simple. The only downside is its 1 cd for windows7 and another cd for windows xp. On the other hand you can use unofficial tools search as linux tools like hirens boot cd or something similiar. The good thing with microsofts tool is that its ligitmate and contains no spyware.

MSDART6.5 is for windows7
MSDART6 is for windows xp if you need me to upload an ISO somewhere I can. In all honesty Hirens boot cd is better and has already been posted see

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5374-Hiren-s-Boot-CD-v13.0&highlight=hirens

notanotherone
11-01-11, 20:02
ok got the wifi set up sorted now for days ive been at this and found out the problem,when i was at his house he kept telling me the encryption key was blah de blah de blah and i belived him ,its the same router as mine and i went on with it ,i took it to my house today and logged into wifi first time ,he then asked me how i done that and i showed him where my encryption key was and he said his wasnt where mines was ,anyway went back to his house and logged into his router(i should have done this in the first place)and he showed me his password but i noticed the encryption system he was using was not the one he had the password for and logged in first time when i put in the right encryption key ......morale of the story is

never listen to your numb nuts mates :roflmao:

satmanbasil
12-01-11, 13:37
Hi mate

There is a free downloadable programe that allows you to access to a locked out PC called "Heiren boot disk" or "EDS" just simply load cd into the drive and bootup, I have used it a number of times to unlock friends pc's who have forgotten there passwords. Disk also contains a number of other tools to fix many pc faults

regards
satmanbasil