PDA

View Full Version : Don't update Media Portal.

jamesjay
10-09-16, 11:49
Hi Folks, I did an update on media portal today and have now lost it altogether, a warning is showing stating "extentions/media portal (no module named cfscape)", according to the Xtrend-Alliance website if you update to the latest version you will lose media portal and need to uninstall MP completely from your STB restart and then go back to an older version, I have copied this from a post by Usenethm on the Alliance website so credit to him, it appears it is a VIX problem.

"At the moment the only way to use MP is to stay with v7.5.7 or to downgrade to 7.4.7 (feedversion) after you have deinstalled the v7.5.8 which needs the above modules. BTW: After you have deinstalled v7.5.8 you should reboot the STB, reinstall the MP-version of the feed and then don't update until the image has the modules!"

I have tried uninstalling and downgrading using telnet and so far failed to get MP working again, so I could do with some help if anyone as resolved the problem I can't get the latest version of MP off my VU+ solo2.

Kind regards
James.

jamesjay
10-09-16, 16:34
I have resolved my problem with MP which was my stupidity, I was uninstalling media portal using DCC and not removing it via the Plugin Browser on the STB...I am a dumb arse.

jap
10-09-16, 22:03
by the plugin browser you mean delete addons and then how did you install it im using blackhole on my solo4k

jamesjay
14-09-16, 19:25
Sorry Jab for the late reply I have been away, I am using Vix4 never used blackhole so I am not sure of the layout of blackhole...I have been installing MP using telnet or DCC/tools/opkg/uploadpackage method, my problem was I didn't remove the MP plugin via plugins/remove plugins/red button on the STB so it kept installing the latest version.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
James.