PDA

View Full Version : Channel list mixed up

Noble78
10-09-16, 09:56
Hi, im after abit of help please.
I bought the edision os mini box with vix already flashed, when i goto epg the channels are ther but they are all mixed up. Im after trying to order them in the same order as sky do.
Can somebody point me in the right direction please as im struggling lol

thanks

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 10:37
How have you created your channel list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noble78
10-09-16, 10:43
No i haven't, i am new to this so sorry to be a pain. if you can help me with the basics

Noble78
10-09-16, 10:52
the only thing i have done is searched for channels when setting up the box

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 10:56
You need to use AutoBouquetsmaker (ABM)

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 10:58
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > ABM. Use expert mode in Configure. Set it up so that ABM runs a schedule everyday at say 4am. Make sure Not Indexed Channels is set to Yes and then green button to save.

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 11:01
Then go into Providers. Use Sky UK, then select "CustomRegion", do not use the SD or HD Regions. Custom is what you need, so if you live in London, select CustomLondon as your region. Say no to everything apart from Yes to Section Bouquets and Yes to Swap. Then green button to save.

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 11:02
Then go into Hide Sections and hide any sections you don't want to appear. I always Hide the Not Indexed Section, this is my preference. Then green button to save. Then Start Scan.

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 11:03
Would be an idea to delete your existing channel list before generating this one in ABM.

Noble78
10-09-16, 11:14
Would be an idea to delete your existing channel list before generating this one in ABM.

Is that delete bouquets in ABM?

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 11:21
No cos you didn't use ABM originally. Highlight on your folder, menu > remove entry.

Noble78
10-09-16, 19:06
thanks for that, think its sorted now. the channel information doesnt show very well though. but i can live with that.

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 20:40
Channel Information? Do your mean EPG? EPG is your 7 day programme guide.

Noble78
11-09-16, 10:52
yes the epg, also when i press the tv button you get you categories with now now and next on, doesn't show much on there also, you have to click on it for it to load in.

Andy_Hazza
11-09-16, 12:14
No you need to setup your EPG. You need to run a schedule for EPG like I told you to do with ABM. I run my EPG schedule usually 15 mins after my ABM schedule. Make sure you save your EPG data to your HDD (if no HDD, a usb flash drive will be suffice), but never ever save your EPG to Internal Flash. See video guide on CrossEPG 7 day here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/video-guides/

Noble78
11-09-16, 19:12
ok thanks will have a go at that. cheers