PDA

View Full Version : Vix Image - Autobouquetsmaker Question

forrest1066
10-09-16, 09:46
I have recently purchased a vix duo and it has the following image on openvix-3.2.003.release-vuduo_usb. I cannot seem to find the Autobouquetsmaker plugin installed. Will have have to update the image to version 4 or can i manually download it through the plugins section or via uploading it via FTP. Any help would be appreciated

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 10:39
You will need to update to the latest ViX build, but in doing so you will need to set everything up as new, no backup's will be allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forrest1066
10-09-16, 11:33
You will need to update to the latest ViX build, but in doing so you will need to set everything up as new, no backup's will be allowed.

Many thanks for that, is version 4 stable on the vu duo as this box is now getting a little old. Still a brilliant little box though :D

Andy_Hazza
10-09-16, 20:42
If you enable a swap file you should be ok.

Huevos
10-09-16, 22:20
Current version is 4.2.

forrest1066
11-09-16, 07:46
If you enable a swap file you should be ok.

Many thanks for the advice, i currently have a 4GB usb pen in the back of the machine for Picons and EPG, what size swapfile do you recommend??

Sicilian
11-09-16, 07:51
Use the max, will take a few mins to create though.

I'd also recommend installing cacheflush plugin.

Larry-G
11-09-16, 08:24
You don't need to update the image to get ABM. ABM was created around 2 years ago well before ViX 3.2, in fact it should even be in the really old ViX 3.0 series images too.

Andy_Hazza
11-09-16, 08:25
Yeah create a 256MB swap file which is the max.

forrest1066
11-09-16, 08:27
Yeah create a 256MB swap file which is the max.

Thanks for that, what do you recommend for the location of the swap file - internal HDD or usb pen??

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Sicilian
11-09-16, 08:29
Thanks for that, what do you recommend for the location of the swap file - internal HDD or usb pen??

Either will be fine.

Sicilian
11-09-16, 08:30
You don't need to update the image to get ABM. ABM was created around 2 years ago well before ViX 3.2, in fact it should even be in the really old ViX 3.0 series images too.

User would need to manually update the abm xml files to get latest if using such an old image.

Larry-G
11-09-16, 08:30

use a USB stick although I would advise caution as in my experience the duo performs very badly on new images and is handicapped in that you MUST use both a swap file and the cache flush plugin just to get it to operate without tripping over it self on such images (all new images not just ViX).

Larry-G
11-09-16, 08:33
User would need to manually update the abm xml files to get latest if using such an old image.

No big loss in my opinion. I still use several older versions of ABM as I find them less crammed full crap I don't need. I only need ABM for 28.2 east. Latest does not always mean the best.

Sicilian
11-09-16, 08:34
use a USB stick although I would advise caution as in my experience the duo performs very badly on new images and is handicapped in that you MUST use both a swap file and the cache flush plugin just to get it to operate without tripping over it self on such images (all new images not just ViX).

I've had one running latest builds for over a week now and running fine on the old Duo. In actual fact I've tested an number of boxes that use the old dual core 405MHz cpu, all have run fine.

I've even run tests on the old single core 750MHz cpu units, run the same as older series images.

forrest1066
11-09-16, 08:35
Thank you guys for all your great advice, very much appreciated. Will play with the box when I get home from work

Sicilian
11-09-16, 08:35
No big loss in my opinion. I still use several older versions of ABM as I find them less crammed full crap I don't need. I only need ABM for 28.2 east.

Such as? Please clarify the 'crap'.

Larry-G
11-09-16, 08:40
Such as? Please clarify the 'crap'.

Read the post I made over a year ago in your dev room about what I considered as crap in ABM.

Sicilian
11-09-16, 08:45
Read the post I made over a year ago in your dev room about what I considered as crap in ABM.

There's many posts in dev room, without searching I'm really interested to hear what you regard as 'crap' in ABM.

Larry-G
11-09-16, 10:21
I've had one running latest builds for over a week now and running fine on the old Duo. In actual fact I've tested an number of boxes that use the old dual core 405MHz cpu, all have run fine.

I've even run tests on the old single core 750MHz cpu units, run the same as older series images.

The original duo is single core 400mhz not dual core.

Sicilian
11-09-16, 10:29
The original duo is single core 400mhz not dual core.

Sorry I should have stated 'dual-threaded' as it was a multi-threaded CPU. Still would like to hear what the 'crap' in ABM is please :)