PDA

View Full Version : Brand new dvb-c/t hybrid tuner

KevinM2k
09-09-16, 19:28
Hi,

I'm new to this box, I'm a bit confused where to plug my dvb-c cable (v*rgin) in, there is a port for a normal TV aerial on the back and an RF out but the box says it has a 1x DVB-C)T2 dual black built in.

Am I missing something?

Also how do you get the channels in correct order on this box (openvix) and get the picons?

Sorry for newbie questions.

Kevin

abu baniaz
09-09-16, 19:35
The connection on the tuner is a belling lee (uk aerail) type. You will need an adpater.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39430-Hybrid-Tuner-Cable-settings-NetID-Network-ID

Channel list
You can use AutoBouquetsMaker to make your channel list.

Picons
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

KevinM2k
09-09-16, 19:37
Thanks Abu I'll get one of those connectors tomorrow... Where can I get AutoBouquetsMaker? Thanks

abu baniaz
09-09-16, 19:39
Thanks Abu I'll get one of those connectors tomorrow... Where can I get AutoBouquetsMaker? Thanks

Menu > setup > service searching > autobouquetsmaker

KevinM2k
09-09-16, 19:58
When choosing area for free view auto bouquet maker, I don't recognise any of the areas, I'm looking for a Manchester type area, any ideas which I should choose?

abu baniaz
09-09-16, 20:01
Are you connecting it to the DVB-C signal wire or the aerial wire?

KevinM2k
09-09-16, 20:05
Normal TV Aerial wire.

abu baniaz
09-09-16, 20:15
For freeview, you must select the mast/transmitter which your aerial is pointing to.

Check here

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

KevinM2k
11-09-16, 09:13
Hi,

Managed to get the relevant cables so now I've got my virgin line plugged in and my TV Aerial. When I scanned for virgin channels I got nothing, I then started getting tuner lock errors. So I took out the TV one and switched it all around, then scanned via ABM which found 400 channels, I them did an auto scan and got 7 channels.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Kevin

DaMacFunkin
11-09-16, 09:19
just use ABM with your correct net id, don't bother with manual or automatic scans.
p.s. You seemed to have confused the issue somewhat, when Abu asked what you was connecting you said normal 'ariel' wire (DVB-T), when you are indeed trying to tune cable (DVB-C), it's not the same.

KevinM2k
11-09-16, 10:39
I now have a normal dvb-t line plugged in and a dvb-c line plugged in to the second tuner. I did the ABM scan initially which although found channels none of them would worked so i assumed I needed to do an auto scan as well?

Sicilian
11-09-16, 10:46
I now have a normal dvb-t line plugged in and a dvb-c line plugged in to the second tuner. I did the ABM scan initially which although found channels none of them would worked so i assumed I needed to do an auto scan as well?

It's a TWIN tuner module with ONE input. Both tuners much be set to either DVB-C or DVB-T/T2. It can either be used for cable or terrestral, NOT both at the same time. Tuner splits into two internally. The bottom connection is an OUTPUT.

KevinM2k
11-09-16, 10:47
So if I disable the dvb-t one and plug nothing into it, then have the other set up dvb-c then just do a ABM scan?

Sicilian
11-09-16, 10:54
FEED goes into TOP INPUT, read the back of the tuner! They are labelled 'RF IN' and 'RF OUT'. See both tuners the same, whatever you are using, DVB-C or DVB-T2, whatever you are inputting. Both tuner settings MUST be the same.

KevinM2k
11-09-16, 11:17
Ok so I've done this now and just scanned with ABM. Got the channels up and some work like BBC 1 but loads don't for example channel 5 or Dave and none of the HD versions etc... Ya know the normal FTA ones. What would be reason for this?

Could be it be something like my signal is weak?

Thanks for help so far

KevinM2k
11-09-16, 17:57
Any suggestions? Only trying to get FTA channels. Channel 5 won't work plus plenty of others

gibbletts
11-09-16, 19:51
If you have attached the virgin cable and don't have a valid subscription only a few fta work it's not the same as freesat or free view

KevinM2k
11-09-16, 19:59
Gibblets that's pretty much the news i wanted to hear! Cheers for that. I'll sort the rest out now hopefully. Thanks for everyone's help.

abu baniaz
11-09-16, 20:00
Not many FTA channels on DVB-C, list below. Unless you are in a pure area, you will get different versions of the channel, most won't work either

BBC One
BBC Two
ITV
Channel 4
Channel 5
BBC Four (maybe)
Pick
Challenge
Channel 4+1
BBC Alba
S4C
BBC News
Sky News
BBC Parliament
CBBC
Cbeebies

nevnorth
19-09-16, 11:28
Hi All, newbie and read a lot on these and still struggling. Have a strong bb connection and has worked on older boxes. Now have the solo se dual DVB/c and have the cable in correct slot at the back etc.
My netid is 41060 and 6952, but when I get down to providers it states west yorkshire! unable to get any channels including transponders errors, any help appreciated please.50463504645046550466

nevnorth
19-09-16, 20:10
when I connect the normal aerial and do a terestrial scan I get 174 channells and all fta which is what I would expect, but when connect the cable feed, still get the above errors and west yorkshire. double checked the netid on the tivo box and thats correct,

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 20:20
Are you doing a conventional scan or are you just using AutBouquetsMaker?

Please have a look at the picture with "21:50" you uploaded, are you able to read the numbers? Would a proper screenshot help? If so, see signature.

nevnorth
19-09-16, 21:05
the numbers are 00001 West Yorkshire, but my netid is 41060 on my tivo box and have used this number, so no idea where the 00001 is coming from

abu baniaz
19-09-16, 21:17
It is the first one in the list, change it. Save then run ABM.

nevnorth
19-09-16, 22:43
I add the 41060 when I set up the tuner configuration in picture 1, where else does it go please?

nevnorth
20-09-16, 19:38
sorted it now thanks for all the help