PDA

View Full Version : problems with new os mini image

TC1957
09-09-16, 00:44
hi i have just flashed the new 4.2.003 image on a new os mini and had what i can only describe as the sound of a kettle boiling lol sounds strange i know i have managed to stop this by enabling debug logs the noise has stopped i have set cross epg as i have set many times before on earlier versions but it is not populating in the bouquet lists no channel info. if i press epg the 7 day list is there but no channel info. for any of them never had this on last image is there a fix for the noise on the box also is it something in my settings for epg in the cross epg setup on Prefared lamedb i dont recall seeing this setting is it new and have i set it right ,,,,thanks in advance for any help / advice

Huevos
09-09-16, 01:01
Looks like a version of a bug that was fix tonight. Fix will be in the next update.

TC1957
09-09-16, 01:08
thanks Huevos for the quick response is the new update online with the fix or will i need to reflash thanks

TC1957
09-09-16, 09:03
turned box on today and the noise was back repeating its self every minute or so after about an hour it is gone again......have run crossepg again and all has populated have not applied any fix just turned box off by mains and on again i sent the earlier debug log in via the box to the team and i will upload the latest log here ........can anything be done re: the noise from the box or will it need a reflash thanks again for your help

Willmoore
09-09-16, 09:55
Wait for this afternoon's proposed update.

TC1957
09-09-16, 10:17
thanks for your reply willmoore i will wait for the update.

Sicilian
09-09-16, 10:38
Do you mean a high frequency sound? If so replace HDMI lead and also check your TV for its max settings 1080i, 1080p, 720p etc... ensure the unit is set correct.

TC1957
09-09-16, 11:03
thanks for replying sicillian no the sound was strange like water bubbling or the water in a kettle boiling hard to describe it after flashing the image last night it started i went into logs and enabled debug logs and it stopped then when booting the reciever this morning it was back occuring about every minute I ran crossepg on the box and all epg populated the sound was still there i switched the box off by the mains and on again the sound stopped and has not been back fingers crossed ......it started as soon as i flashed the box thats why i thought it may be an error in the image release 4.2.003

Sicilian
09-09-16, 11:16
Check where the sound is coming from power supply, box or tv.

TC1957
09-09-16, 11:50
the sound was coming from the receiver its stopped now so i cant verify it but only started when i flashed the latest vix image...... its a new box with openATV installed by the supplier..... i wanted to change to openvix image.... thats when it started after flashing..... the problem was not there on the other image .....the box has been running now for 3 hours with no noise i will turn the box off for a while and see it it returns after restart