PDA

View Full Version : strange audio problem

Ford1
07-09-16, 22:04
I have an issue with one channel (so far) itv encore. the picture is fine, no glitches or pauses, however the audio is very stutter, almost .5 sec sound followed bt .5 sec silence, this is continual and only noticed it by chance.

The receiver if a duel sat tuner, using tuner a, fed from a sky uk dish with octo lnb, no other enigma receiver attached to the dish has a problem. I also run a xtrend et 8000, and a single feed openbox v8s (it was my first receiver and is only in a spare room not used now, so please don't comment LOL)

the snr values on the xtrend are considerably higher than the Edison. 98 on the xtrend as opposed to 68 on the Edison, I have no idea if this will make a difference?

cactikid
07-09-16, 22:54
might you have tried the audio button and select a different stream?

Ford1
07-09-16, 23:19
I have tried all the options in the audio menu and none seem to make a difference? I don't know how to find another channel on the same transponder to sdee if its related through multiple channels?

Just disabled tuner a and problem solved using tuner b, seems the fault is in the wiring to tuner a, as if I change feeds over fault occurs on tuner b and not a.

Hopefully recabling will sort the problem.