PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please clarify ?

rasod
06-09-16, 13:31
I have a Vuduo2 an old Dreambox 800 and a VuDuo. On both the VuDuo2 and the Dreambox I can find all new HD-channels that I want.
Using the same coax-cables and diseq's from the parabol the VuDuo can't detect those channels !
On all equipments I have to do a manual search , using the "user defined transponder" option and there I put all the necessary data to find the channels.
But the VuDuo can't find anything !!!
I have been using several VIX images and the result is always the same, today I am using 4.1.016.
What can be the problem ?
Does the tuner in the VuDuo need a stronger signal ?
Time to buy VuSolo2 instead or will I have the same problem there also ?

/ rasod

Larry-G
06-09-16, 13:47
No the duo does not need a stronger signal. If the others can receive the channels the duo should be able to as well unless there is either a software or hardware issue, more than likely hardware by your post.

rasod
06-09-16, 14:07
I think I've found the cause of my problems. All channels I have problems with are using 8PSK and I found another thread also started by me where twol was writing about VuDuo tuners having problems with 8PSK channels if the signal quality was low.
I think that this is what I'm seeing unfortunately.

/ rasod

Larry-G
06-09-16, 15:38
I think I've found the cause of my problems. All channels I have problems with are using 8PSK and I found another thread also started by me where twol was writing about VuDuo tuners having problems with 8PSK channels if the signal quality was low.
I think that this is what I'm seeing unfortunately.

/ rasod

I never encountered that issue with either of my two duo's in the three or four years I used them for, but it's been a long time since I even used my motorised dish. All of my 24 plus feeds bar 2 point towards 28.2 east these days.

Larry-G
06-09-16, 16:44
Sweet mother of whatever deity you subscribe to, what the actual Donald Duck are you finding to watch that requires TWENTY FOUR PLUS feeds?

I used to be a DEV / beta tester / moderator / admin. On this forum for almost 5 years hence the need for a lot of feeds to test my 13 plus receivers. Most of them are still plugged in just not powered on in the last year or so.

Larry-G
06-09-16, 16:49
I used to be a DEV / beta tester / moderator / admin. On this forum for almost 5 years hence the need for a lot of feeds to test my 13 plus receivers. Most of them are still plugged in just not powered on in the last year or so.

Just to add I actually watch very little TV these days, when I'm not at work (I work 72 hours a week) I'm out on the Durham moors with one of my eight shotguns or one of my several pro dslr cameras. Either way I'm usually shooting something.

duoduo
06-09-16, 18:51
So don't piss the guy off or he'll gun you down and take lots of pictures lol... :D

Larry-G
06-09-16, 19:20
So don't piss the guy off or he'll gun you down and take lots of pictures lol... :D

Hahaha no comment. Lol.

TK4|2|1
07-09-16, 06:32

I think I just figured out who you were.[emoji106][emoji106]