PDA

View Full Version : Record and watch, Cryptoguard using CAM

Raffe81
06-09-16, 07:28
Hi,

I need a receiver that handles DVB-C and I need to use a CAM (cryptoguard). What I would like to is to be able to record and watch encrypted channels at the same time. I have tried to google and read about this but could not find an answer.

I have looked at the VU+ Duo2 and Xtrend ET10000, receivers that support dual tuners and have a CI-slot. However I have understood that a CA-module can only decrypt one channel at the time, no matter how many tuners you have. Is there a way around this? I mailed Dilog who is making CAMs for cryptoguard and their answer was that if I get a receiver that records without decrypting it should work.

Does this mean that the recording is still encrypted (and I can an encrypted channel during recording) and the decryption occurs when playing the recorded data?

Is this possible in any of the receivers/softwares?

Thanks,
Raffe

Raffe81
06-09-16, 10:00
After reading some more I have found the function offline decode. Is this supported in any box?

DaMacFunkin
06-09-16, 10:36
All the receivers will allow you to record without decrypting, then if the provider allows the function you can decrypt on playback, similarly with offline decode will only work if the provider allows this function, I believe Xtrends are capable with some providers.

Raffe81
06-09-16, 12:37
Ok, so it is also up to the provider. That makes it all even more difficult. I'm really starting to dislike Cryptoguard. It not like i'm trying to do something illegal.

Is it possible to use two CAMs, each one with a card of its own? It is quite cheap for me to get a second card with a CA-module but i think I read somewhere that it is not possible to use two cards from the same provider.